[09.15.2023] Updated content, AnKing Overhaul for Step 1 & 2/AnKingMed, ID 687023

View Suggestion on AnkiHub

2 Likes

this might be too much to remember

AMBOSS highlights MEN 2A, 2B, pheochromocytoma, and papillary thyroid carcinoma here: https://next.amboss.com/us/article/WM0Png?q=ret%20proto-oncogene#Zeb376d76bdd7de77f67d4afaed3e1159

@Anking-maintainers I agree with @Cameron but think this could use a mnemonic.

Think we could possibly take out pheo as that’s implied by MEN2A/B. Would say the same for medullary but extra says this is also for sporadic medullary thyroid carcinoma. So cut down to 4 pathologies: MEN2A, 2B, medullary and papillary thyroid carcinoma?

Wouldn’t remove pheo if the association is independent (i.e., mutation also seen in pheo in non MEN patients)

1 Like

5 is way too many unless there’s a mnemonic, agree. Okay with changes but no one is willing to memorize 5 diseases, they’re just gonna bury it (that person is me)

1 Like

I think if no mnemonic by the end of the day let’s reject

That note ideally should have been two different notes even before the addition of the other diseases. Like it totally butchers the good card principle of supermemo.

Agree would support separating

Note one:
The RET {{c1::proto-oncogene}} encodes for the RET receptor tyrosine kinase, which is involved in embryological development

Note two:

RET proto-oncogene is a(n) {{c1::growth factor receptor::class}} found commonly in

{{c2::MEN 2A & 2B}}
{{c3::Pheochromocytoma}}
{{c4::Medullary & papillary thyroid carcinoma}}

1 Like

I like @Jwill 's version

Would agree but these are a big family of cards that all follow this format, i wonder if we can just keep it the same note but add more clozes?

1 Like

Like so?

The RET {{c1::proto-oncogene}} encodes for the RET receptor tyrosine kinase, which is involved in embryological development

This is a(n) {{c1::growth factor receptor::class}} found commonly in

{{c2::MEN 2A & 2B}}
{{c3::Pheochromocytoma}}
{{c4::Medullary & papillary thyroid carcinoma}}

4 Likes

that looks good to me

Still think these cards should be ideally splited, but okay with @Jwill’s modification.

Can I replace the current text in the suggestion with @Jwill 's modification

1 Like

How about

And add rest to extra section

4 Likes

sure

1 Like

bump @Anking-maintainers

2 Likes

I’d like to try @Jwill suggestion and see how we feel about it

2 Likes