Loss of history for deleted cards

Glad to see that dupes marked for deletion were permanently deleted on AnkiHub; however, the downside is that we have lost the history for those cards, so as I am going through my local collection to remove dupes, I cannot check their history to find the card that was intended to be kept. Please advise.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this helps, but the removed notes were all tagged with #AK_Step1_v12::!DELETE(Duplicate) or #AK_Step2_v12::!DELETE(Duplicate).

We also have a list of note ids of the deleted notes.

I think Jacob means that we cannot see the history of the card on AnkiHub now, what modifications were made etc. Is there a way to see the log of each of those deleted nid’s for future reference if needed?

Unfortunately there is no way to view the history of the deleted notes on the website now.

I cannot check their history to find the card that was intended to be kept.

What do you mean by that? What useful information was in the history of the deleted notes?

Our protocol for dupes has been to submit a bulk suggestion so that you can click the bulk ID and see both the card tagged for deletion and the corresponding card that we plan to keep. Now that history is lost, I cannot readily find the corresponding card because opening the note history for the !DELETE card does not populate any past bulk ID.