[03.19.2024] Updated content, AnKing Overhaul for Step 1 & 2/AnKingMed, ID 1214394

View Suggestion on AnkiHub

@anking-maintainers

Looks good, but this is very complicated so I’ll check all the sources later!

Yes please, thanks :slight_smile:

Nice image. But do we wait for button battery upto 24hrs?

If it’s asymptomatic, yes

The Extra from nid:1516558157624 says this:

Button battery in the stomach/duodenal bulb :

• Symptomatic : Emergency endoscopy (< 2 hours)
  • Asymptomatic : Urgent endoscopy (< 24 hours)

Surgery is indicated for clinically unstable patients and if endoscopic removal fails

I feel like the “patient is symptomatic” section here is redundant since that automatically qualifies as high-risk. Otherwise this looks good. @anking-maintainers need some others to double check, please.

That’s an excellent point :sob::sob:
You’re right, thanks so much
idk how i missed that

How’s this? @herstein.jacob

Confused, this looks the same to me (except missing arrow on far left side for object on esophagus)?

oh wait i accidently deleted the arrow, ugh

changes were:

• removed patient being symptomatic from the high risk section, cause it’s covered again individually below
  • added regular battery [AA, AAA, etc] to the differentiation (showing it’s not high-risk)
  • italicized ‘button’ for emphasis in high-risk section
  • removed the arrow that wasn’t supposed to be removed (will add back)

Ok I’ll need to look over this again, sorry!

1 Like

@herstein.jacob have you been able to give this a look again?

I have looked briefly, I think I need to draw this out myself and see if everything aligns. I have concerns about the distal->asymptomatic->high-risk- section since you can often just monitor with serial x-rays and rarely need urgent endoscopy. I believe everything on the right side of this is correct, though!

Sorry for being slow on this! Just want to get it right

Make sure to add back the arrow that you accidentally deleted, but otherwise this all looks good! I think there is some high-level nuance for button battery vs. magnet vs. sharp that is past stomach, but overall I would say it is more on the level of knowledge for like surgery residency than Step 2. This chart is more than sufficient + agrees with UW. Go ahead and push!