[06.01.2023] Updated content, AnKing Overhaul for Step 1 & 2/AnKingMed, ID 463486

View Suggestion on AnkiHub

Don’t think this is needed, I recently updated this one with edits from dollajas that chopped off the same things you added to extra. I left meropenem off the text for simplicity because it isn’t included in UTD’s empiric Tx (UpToDate) and waves hands antimicrobial stewardship

Yes, but AMBOSS has it and I think clinically it is an option depending on how the pt presents. The first part of the extra 100% needs to be added. I am on the fence about the pediatric tx.

Good with adding meropenem to the text and the first bit of the extra up to “ulcer)”. Bit about waiting for sensitivity results to tailor treatment seems self-evident to me and could probably go without it. I think it would be fine to leave the pediatric tx as I had it because it’s more complicated than just vanc/other antistaph agent but gets the point across; pediatric tx might be a better thing to expand on in a new card (if it’s tested somewhere)

Def tested and pimped on 3rd year. The culture ans sens stuff is important here because many people want to jump to empiric treatment for osteo and that is often not the right call. I agree that at some level it is self-evident but in the case of osteo i think it is especially needed.

Let’s bring it up with the group when you get a chance and see if we can get some more input before pushing