Feature Request: Dark Mode

Very low priority, and already mentioned in Slack before, but just wanted to put it here for completeness.

It would be nice to have a native dark mode, especially for maintainers. Its really hard on the eyes at night having to read through suggestions. I have tried addons before but sometimes I have to turn them on and off to see certain changes, so a native dark mode would be nice. Also IOS you cannot really put a dark mode addon using safari, so a dark mode would also help there

Thank you for all the work you guys do!

3 Likes

I think this might actually be fairly simple to do. I’ll look into it. For any developers reading, see Dark Mode - Tailwind CSS.

In the meantime, maybe you can find something by searching for “force dark mode on every site,” for whatever browser you use.

1 Like

Any update regarding native dark mode?

Low priority, just wondering haha :grinning:

Should be out next week!

3 Likes

This is shipped, @Ahmed7 . Have a look and let us know what you think!

I can’t seem to find the option on the website, where is it located?

Sorry, I thought we had turned it on already. @pedroven , will you let @Ahmed7 once dark mode is live for everyone?

1 Like

The dark mode is finally released to everyone!

4 Likes

It looks wonderful! Thank you so much :grinning:

2 Likes

Hey, I’m new to Anki hub and I was wondering where I can find the dark mode add-on? thanks!!

Its not a addon, its just the little moon button on the top right of the ankihub website

how do I get it to turn my Anki app to dark mode?

In Anki, go to preferences, and change theme to dark

1 Like