Issue with AnkiHub Addon Sign-On/Accessing Card Set from Other User

Before the error happened, I was…
Trying to get relevant anki cards from Amboss Self Assessment Block 1. I could not find the deck that was created by another user, so I posted to the form. Someone replied and gave me tips on how to get to those cards (thank you to this person). They told me to download the AnkiHub addon, which I thought I had this whole time. I did so, and it prompted me to sign-in; however, it is saying that an error has ocurred, which I screenshotted here. I paid for an Ankihub account and thought I had been using it this whole time, but I am very confused as to why I am having that error logging in (even tried reseting my password) and why I am having trouble accessing the Amboss cards that I was looking for. Step2 coming up soon, haha. Please help! Thank you!
Screen Shot 2024-04-25 at 12.01.47 PM

Error message (don't change this)
Anki 24.04.1 (ccd9ca1a)  (ao)
Python 3.9.18 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.1
Platform: macOS-10.13.6-x86_64-i386-64bit

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/Users/taj/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/ankihub_client/ankihub_client.py", line 247, in _send_request_with_retry
    response = self._send_request_with_retry_inner(

File "/Users/taj/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/lib/tenacity/__init__.py", line 289, in wrapped_f
    return self(f, *args, **kw)

File "/Users/taj/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/lib/tenacity/__init__.py", line 379, in __call__
    do = self.iter(retry_state=retry_state)

File "/Users/taj/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/lib/tenacity/__init__.py", line 326, in iter
    raise retry_exc from fut.exception()

tenacity.RetryError: RetryError[<Future at 0x12b47ad60 state=finished raised SSLError>]

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/Users/taj/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/ankihub_client/ankihub_client.py", line 255, in _send_request_with_retry
    response = last_attempt.result()

File "concurrent.futures._base", line 439, in result

File "concurrent.futures._base", line 391, in __get_result

File "/Users/taj/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/lib/tenacity/__init__.py", line 382, in __call__
    result = fn(*args, **kwargs)

File "/Users/taj/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/ankihub_client/ankihub_client.py", line 270, in _send_request_with_retry_inner
    response = session.send(request, stream=stream, timeout=timeout)

File "requests.sessions", line 703, in send

File "requests.adapters", line 517, in send

requests.exceptions.SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='app.ankihub.net', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/login/ (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1129)')))

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/Users/taj/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/gui/menu.py", line 186, in login
    token = ankihub_client.login(credentials=credentials)

File "/Users/taj/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/ankihub_client/ankihub_client.py", line 276, in login
    response = self._send_request("POST", API.ANKIHUB, "/login/", json=credentials)

File "/Users/taj/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/ankihub_client/ankihub_client.py", line 229, in _send_request
    response = self._send_request_with_retry(

File "/Users/taj/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/ankihub_client/ankihub_client.py", line 257, in _send_request_with_retry
    raise AnkiHubRequestException(e) from e

1322529746.ankihub_client.ankihub_client.AnkiHubRequestException: AnkiHub request exception: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='app.ankihub.net', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/login/ (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1129)')))

Sentry link (for developers)

Same here.

1 Like

Can you try the following to help us debug the issue?

1. Check your proxy settings (Is Auto proxy discovery enabled?)
  2. Try logging with a different network if availabe.

Thank you for responding. I checked my network settings and auto proxy discovery was not enabled, so I enabled it. Unfortunately, I do not have another network I can log into, as this computer is a desktop, and we only have our home wifi connection available to connect to. I never had this issue previously, so I am not sure if this is an issue with the addon?

Did the above tip from @abdo.nh work for you, @dr_fletcher?

A change was made recently to Anki to fix similar connection issues that some users had, but it unfortunately caused issues for some different users.