Syncing my deck unsuspends unwanted cards

You can try restoring from a backup to get back to what you have suspended

You can watch how to do this here:

This looks like a Anki issue, not an AnkiHub issue.

Please try posting on Reddit or on this official Anki Support forum to remedy your issue.

I have been having the exact same issue. Suspend new cards of existing notes turned to “Always”. This is happening on the Ankiphil deck. Not an Anki issue as it only happens with the Ankihub addon installed. The unsuspended cards are random, not related to any topic I have done before. I wonder if this is a linux-specific issue, because the problem is so persistent for me and not well discussed on the web otherwise. @Ahmed7 @TheAnKing

EDIT: Version 2023-08-17.1 Anki Version 2.1.65 OS: Linux Mint 21.3 (Both Cinnamon and XFCE Machines)

EDIT2: Logs: ankihub_addon_debug_info_83cdc_1692450452.zip

Are these cards new cards that the owner of the ankiphil deck adding and accepting?

We currently do not have a way to automatically suspend new cards being added, however, this is something we plan to implement in the future

However, you can automatically suspend new clozes being added of existing cards

Ah, I believe that’s it then, thank you! I thought it couldn’t be the case as some of the cards that appeared had dates dating months back, but indeed if I search around on the tags for Ankiphil some of the new cards are tagged as !New_Cards.

Automatically suspending would be extremely useful, I hope it gets added soon. But for now opening the new cards tag, doing -is:suspended and suspeding them will work. Thanks!

1 Like