Subscribed Deck Not Showing Up in Decks

Error Report (below) is present every time I log-in and there is no longer an “anki-hub” in the menu bar drop-down menus (at the top of the screen). I have checked add-on updates and downloaded all updates and restarted the application and no luck so far.

Error Report is below:
Error
An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue to the add-on author.
Debug info:
Anki 2.1.54 (b6a7760c) Python 3.9.7 Qt 6.3.1 PyQt 6.3.1
Platform: Mac 12.3.1
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2023-01-31 12:19:53
Add-ons possibly involved: ⁨AnkiHub⁊

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt.progress”, line 118, in handler
File “aqt.main”, line 197, in on_window_init
File “aqt.main”, line 290, in setupProfile
File “aqt.main”, line 470, in loadProfile
File “aqt.hooks_gen”, line 3244, in call
File “/Users/jphillips767/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/entry_point.py”, line 35, in on_profile_did_open
after_profile_setup()
File “/Users/jphillips767/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/entry_point.py”, line 79, in after_profile_setup
adjust_ankihub_note_type_templates()
File “/Users/jphillips767/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/entry_point.py”, line 179, in adjust_ankihub_note_type_templates
modify_note_type_templates(mids_filtered)
File “/Users/jphillips767/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/utils.py”, line 216, in modify_note_type_templates
mw.col.models.update_dict(note_type)
File “anki.models”, line 223, in update_dict
File “anki._backend.generated”, line 850, in update_notetype_legacy
File “anki._backend”, line 146, in _run_command
anki.errors.CardTypeError: Card template ⁨1⁩ in notetype ‘⁨Cloze-AnKingMaster-v3 (Micro / dhindmand@gmail.com)⁩’ has a problem.
See the preview for more information.

it shows I have the add-on installed → just not working

I also have an issue with downloading an ankihub deck and getting it to show in my anki decks. I have another thread on ankihub open with this matter but thought I should solve this issue first. The downloading issue is only with ViriDan’s Micro Deck which is run by dhindmand@gmail.com → I mention this because I also see his email address in the bug report I posted in this thread (above) just a moment ago, so I’m wondering if these 2 issues are connected.

Thanks SO much for your help :slight_smile:

It looks to me like the card type that the VirDan’s deck is based off of has some kind of critical error that is making Anki crash (which confuses me because I was able to download that deck locally with no issues). Try checking for an add-on update, and then logging in on a separate profile and importing that deck. If you get no errors and things go smoothly, I may have an idea of what is going on.

@jakub.f any idea what’s causing this note type error?

@jordan.phillips

This error happens because there is a problem with a note type template (for example a field could be missing from it). The solution is to restore the card template for Cloze-AnKingMaster-v3 (Micro / dhindmand@gmail.com) to a valid state.

In any case the add-on shouldn’t fail the setup (and not work at all) when a template has a problem, there is a new update for the add-on that fixes this.

One way to fix the card template for the note type is to navigate from the main Anki window to Tools → Manage Note Types and the choose the Cloze-AnKingMaster-v3 (Micro / dhindmand@gmail.com) note type as shown in the image.

Click on Cards and then replace the text of the front template, the back template and the styling with the following:
Front Template: https://pastebin.com/raw/H4nd23pz
Back Template: https://pastebin.com/raw/0Pu4AZ4v
Styling: https://pastebin.com/raw/Yz51gyRY

For each of the links, copy the whole text and paste it into the right tab of Anki’s template editor, then save.

After you do this everything should work again (if the other note types don’t have any problems).

1 Like

At some point the add-on should have a way to reset note types used in AnkiHub decks to their AnkiHub versions. This would allow people to restore note types after making changes to them / when they become invalid as it happened here (not sure how it happened though, I don’t think it was caused by the AnkiHub add-on).

Special treatment would be needed for the AnKing note types, as those should be handled by the AnKing Note Types add-on (to not reset customizations people made to the note types).

I tried pasting the scripts in but got this error message:

After getting the error scripts (see my last post 3 hours ago), I successfully updated my anki software and it told me Viridan’s decks have missing values and asked me to fix it, so I did. It said it reset local values. But the ViriDan deck still didn’t show up in my anki software.

Next, I went to the note types in my anki software and deleted the card type you told me to modify and unsubscribed from his deck on both my software and the ankihub website and synced and restarted anki. I then resubscribed to the ViriDan’s deck on ankihub and then my software and I’m having the same issues as before. Deck is not showing and upon starting Anki it gives me the same messages of missing values.

Am I pasting the scripts you gave me incorrectly?

Thanks again for all your help with this!

Can you please:

• unsubscribe from the deck again in Anki
  • re-subscribe to the deck in Anki
  • Click on AnkiHub → “Upload logs” from the main Anki window and post the filename you get (see the screenshot)

I suspect that the problem happens because some of the decks notes overlap with notes from another deck you have in your Anki collection and this will allow me to check if this is the case.

1 Like

Did it here is file name:

ankihub_addon_logs_7b17b_1675359248.log

Thanks!

It seems that the notes are in your collection. You can find where they are by going to the Anki Browser and putting this into the search bar:
nid:1673224296584
This will search your collection for a note with the id 1673224296584 (which is in this AnkiHub deck).

Toggle the cards mode using the switch which is on the left side of the search bar. You can check the deck the note is in by right clicking the note in the results and selecting “Change Deck”. The current deck the note’s cards are in will be highlighted. All other notes from the ViriDan's MWU Micro are also in this deck.

When you find out which deck they are in, please post your findings here.

Thanks!

I inserted nid:1673224296584 in my browser, it turned up 1 card that was in one of my other decks (screenshot below). Does that mean this is the card in both of our decks that I need to delete?

Also, I do not see any other cards from the ViriDan’s MWU Micro Deck on my anki. You can see from the left side of my screenshot that there are no ViriDan’s cards downloaded to my anki even though I am subscribed to his deck and whenever I start anki it says I am syncing to ViriDan’s deck.

Hi, just wanted to check and see if there was anything else you needed form me. I still can’t see/download the ViriDan’s deck on my software. Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply.

I inserted nid:1673224296584 in my browser, it turned up 1 card that was in one of my other decks (screenshot below). Does that mean this is the card in both of our decks that I need to delete?

Don’t delete any notes or cards yet.

Are you using both M2::Micro and ViriDan's MWU Micro?

The problem is that these decks have notes with the same note ids in them. I don’t know how many of the note ids of the decks overlap. The AnkiHub add-on recognizes notes by their id and when you subscribed to ViriDan's MWU Micro from the add-on, some notes from the M2::Micro deck were overwritten and all notes from the ViriDan's MWU Micro deck were moved to the M2::Micro deck. (Usually this is what you want when subscribing to a deck, for example when updating from AnKing v11 to AnKinb v12.)

We will eventually add a general solution to the problem of overlapping notes between decks.

The simplest solution for now would be to delete the notes in M2::Micro, but you probably don’t want to do that?

1 Like

I just deleted those M2::Micro notes, but since y’all have optional tags we are just moving to that system now. Thanks for all the help!

1 Like