Error Message Unknown Reason

I am getting this error message and am not sure if it is related to AnkiHub or not. So far it doesn’t seem to be impacting anything in my Anki, but would just like to post here in case its happening to others + a solution could be found.

Debug info:
Anki 2.1.54 (b6a7760c) Python 3.9.7 Qt 6.3.1 PyQt 6.3.1
Platform: Windows 10
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=3
Add-ons, last update check: 2023-02-15 22:05:21

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt.taskman”, line 122, in _on_closures_pending
File “aqt.taskman”, line 71, in
File “aqt.taskman”, line 90, in wrapped_done
File “aqt.sync”, line 104, in on_future_done
File “anki.dbproxy”, line 36, in begin
File “anki._backend”, line 90, in db_begin
File “anki._backend”, line 106, in _db_command
anki.errors.DBError: DbError { info: “SqliteFailure(Error { code: Unknown, extended_code: 1 }, Some("cannot start a transaction within a transaction"))”, kind: Other }

Try updating to 2.1.56 Qt6 - that is what we are formally recommending, I have not seen any such error on this version

I am having the same error on version 2.1.56 Qt 6:

Error
An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue to the add-on author.
Debug info:
Anki 2.1.58 (ab8b1465) Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.4.2 PyQt 6.4.0
Platform: Windows-10-10.0.19045
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2023-02-21 19:37:52

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt.taskman”, line 122, in _on_closures_pending
File “aqt.taskman”, line 71, in
File “aqt.taskman”, line 90, in wrapped_done
File “aqt.sync”, line 100, in on_future_done
File “anki.dbproxy”, line 36, in begin
File “anki._backend”, line 100, in db_begin
File “anki._backend”, line 116, in _db_command
anki.errors.DBError: DbError { info: “SqliteFailure(Error { code: Unknown, extended_code: 1 }, Some("cannot start a transaction within a transaction"))”, kind: Other }

Can you run the solution mentioned in the following post to see if that resolves your issue?

I have tried all the fixes in the post but it did not fix it.

Interestingly, this only occurs if I sync to AnkiWeb with AnkiHub addon enabled, and when in within a deck. I am able to see that there is always 3 cards syncing “up” aka uploading before the error appears.

I am receiving this exact same issue. Brought it up in my post as well. Have not been able to resolve despite redownloading both anki and the add-ons.

Seems that this conversation is being continued in another thread so I will close this thread for now. Please DM me if you find that this is a mistake.