Help! Can't sync my decks

Before the error happened, I was trying to sync my anki deck. I cannot sync my cards at all now.

Error message (don't change this)
Anki 2.1.54 (b6a7760c) Python 3.9.7 Qt 6.3.1 PyQt 6.3.1
Platform: Mac 13.0.1
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=3
Add-ons, last update check: 2023-05-17 23:42:32

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "aqt.taskman", line 122, in _on_closures_pending

File "aqt.taskman", line 71, in <lambda>

File "aqt.taskman", line 90, in wrapped_done

File "aqt.sync", line 117, in on_future_done

File "aqt.main", line 967, in on_collection_sync_finished

File "aqt.hooks_gen", line 4066, in __call__

File "/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/auto_sync.py", line 93, in _on_sync_did_finish
    raise auto_sync_state.exception_on_last_ah_sync

File "/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/auto_sync.py", line 118, in _sync_with_ankihub_and_ankiweb
    _maybe_sync_with_ankihub(is_startup_sync=is_startup_sync)

File "/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/auto_sync.py", line 147, in _maybe_sync_with_ankihub
    ah_sync.sync_all_decks_and_media()

File "/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/sync.py", line 43, in sync_all_decks_and_media
    self._sync_all_decks()

File "/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/sync.py", line 65, in _sync_all_decks
    should_continue = self._sync_deck(ah_did)

File "/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/sync.py", line 77, in _sync_deck
    result = self._download_updates_for_deck(ankihub_did)

File "/Users/morganjohnson/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/sync.py", line 92, in _download_updates_for_deck
    for chunk in client.get_deck_updates(

File "/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/ankihub_client/ankihub_client.py", line 577, in get_deck_updates
    response = self._send_request(

File "/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/ankihub_client/ankihub_client.py", line 192, in _send_request
    response = self._send_request_with_retry(prepped, stream=stream)

File "/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/ankihub_client/ankihub_client.py", line 206, in _send_request_with_retry
    response = self._send_request_with_retry_inner(request, stream=stream)

File "/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/lib/tenacity/__init__.py", line 289, in wrapped_f
    return self(f, *args, **kw)

File "/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/lib/tenacity/__init__.py", line 379, in __call__
    do = self.iter(retry_state=retry_state)

File "/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/lib/tenacity/__init__.py", line 314, in iter
    return fut.result()

File "concurrent.futures._base", line 438, in result

File "concurrent.futures._base", line 390, in __get_result

File "/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/lib/tenacity/__init__.py", line 382, in __call__
    result = fn(*args, **kwargs)

File "/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/ankihub_client/ankihub_client.py", line 227, in _send_request_with_retry_inner
    response = session.send(request, stream=stream)

File "requests.sessions", line 645, in send

File "requests.adapters", line 417, in send

File "requests.adapters", line 228, in cert_verify

OSError: Could not find a suitable TLS CA certificate bundle, invalid path: /var/folders/qr/6rw7z5yx64n56q16p_f93v_r0000gn/T/tmp3xpax2yscacert.pem

Sentry link (for developers)

Can you try to sync again and see if the error shows up again? Other users also reported this error, but it went away for them after appearing once. Iโ€™m interested if this is also the case here.

No it keeps happening. I managed to sign out of ankihub and can now sync my decks, but I cannot sign back into ankihub because I keep getting the same error message.

Have you tried restarting Anki or your computer?

Yes I did, no change. Also I still cannot sign into ankihub without receiving an error message saying something went wrong. Any thoughts on how I can log in again?

This seems to be a transient issue that isnโ€™t related to AnkiHub. But please let us know if you still need assistance.

I am having the same problem! I tried using different wifiโ€™s and connections, as well as restarting anki, my computer, and all of the add-ons with no change. I donโ€™t know why it works when we are logged out of ankihub, but not when logged in.

Perhaps try deleting the addon and installing it again?

Also if you have access to another device, install Anki and the AnkiHub addon on the new device and see if you still have the same issue?

Also try connecting to data if you have that or a wifi at a cafe and see if it still persists

Currently Im syncing fine with no issue on all my devices

The error occurs when attempting to load add-ons as well. The issue persists on both data and wifi. Oddly enough, I can only sync (when signed into ankihub) and install add-ons immediately after connecting to wifi or data. For each add-on, I had to leave the wifi and load it back up again before installing.

I have not tried using my account on another device, though, and none of my peers have experienced this issue. I can sync on the anki mobile app just fine.

Please follow the steps listed here if you have problems with updating add-ons:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.