AnKing cards being reset after recent tag changes

I have been moving AnKing cards into lecture specific sub-decks. Throughout today, I have had nearly 1,000 AnKing cards that I have previously learned be moved back to the AnKing deck and are now labeled as “New” with the review count showing 0. In essence, my review history has been completely wiped out on these cards. I have went through and checked the Note History for many of these cards and each one of them had their tags edited at some point today. I provided an image below of what the Note History for each of these cards looks like.

Error message (don't change this)
Anki 23.12.1 (1a1d4d54)  (ao)
Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.5.3 PyQt 6.5.3
Platform: macOS-13.5.2-arm64-arm-64bit

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/Users/lanestigall/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/gui/suggestion_dialog.py", line 455, in accept
    self._callback(self.suggestion_meta())

File "/Users/lanestigall/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/gui/suggestion_dialog.py", line 101, in <lambda>
    callback=lambda suggestion_meta: _on_suggestion_dialog_for_single_suggestion_closed(

File "/Users/lanestigall/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/gui/suggestion_dialog.py", line 145, in _on_suggestion_dialog_for_single_suggestion_closed
    suggest_new_note(

File "/Users/lanestigall/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/main/suggestions.py", line 129, in suggest_new_note
    client.create_new_note_suggestion(

File "/Users/lanestigall/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/ankihub_client/ankihub_client.py", line 808, in create_new_note_suggestion
    raise AnkiHubHTTPError(response)

1322529746.ankihub_client.ankihub_client.AnkiHubHTTPError: AnkiHub request error: 400 Bad Request

Sentry link (for developers)

Hello,

You can restore from a backup to restore your review history: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHnUgNIJcR4&t=0s

Thanks for the response! I do plan on restoring from a backup but I am concerned about whether this will continue to happen in the future.

During this time, did you ever recieve a prompt that said download from ankiweb or upload to ankiweb?

It shouldn’t happen again since AnkiHub has no way of resetting your review data

Yes I do occasionally receive a prompt that says download from ankiweb or upload to ankiweb. Throughout today I continue to have cards that I have previously done before show up in the AnKing deck as “new”. It is only occurring with cards that have been edited today.

When prompted do you recall pressing upload to ankiweb?

Cc @abdo.nh what might be causing this?

Yes, when prompted I have always pressed upload to ankiweb.

The problem has continued today with over 250 additional AnKing cards that have been edited today being reset as New when I sink to Ankihub.

I don’t think we ever got reports of review logs being wiped out. @Beaver4848 Can you do the following?

1. Find a card that was reset in the browser and post a screenshot of the Cards > Card Info screen.
  2. Go to AnkiHub > Help > Upload logs and data and post the filename shown.

Here is the info you asked for! I appreciate you helping.

I don’t know if this has to do with it, but the card I posted below shows an added date of 2024-04-11 but the created date is 2018-03-05 and it is definitely a card that I have previously done many times.

ankihub_addon_debug_info_da2f0_1713012563.zip

Can you also go to Help > About, click Copy Debug Info and paste the info here?