Anking deck not populating after installing

The category for general support questions related to using AnkiHub.

Things not to ask about here:

Please include supporting information and documents such as screenshots, recordings, etc.

I am starting from scratch no deck currently downloaded.
I am subscribed to anki hub and the anking deck.
when I click sync and then install is appears to be working but then once it has stopped no new cards appear in my anki dashboard.

Thank you for reaching out! Our moderators have been notified and will assist you shortly. In the meantime, you can get an instant response from me simply by @ mentioning @AnkiHubAI_bot. Alternatively, start a private conversation with me by clicking here. If you ask me a question, I will do my best to respond using only verified information found in official AnkiHub docs and Anki manual.

You can also find answers to common questions in our FAQ and User Guide.

@AnkiHubAI_bot

Certainly, I’d be happy to help you with this issue. Let’s investigate why no new cards are appearing in your Anki dashboard after syncing and installing the AnKing deck from AnkiHub. First, I’ll search for some relevant information.

Search

Found 3 results for 'categories:docs,faqs AnkiHub deck installation no cards status:public'

Thank you for providing more details about your issue. It seems you’re experiencing a common situation where the AnkiHub deck appears to install successfully, but no new cards are visible in your Anki dashboard. Let me help you troubleshoot this.

Based on the information available, here are a few possible explanations and solutions:

1. Cards are suspended:
    Upon installation of an AnkiHub deck, all cards are often suspended by default. This is a common practice, especially for large decks like the AnKing deck.

To fix this:

• Go to the browser in Anki
    • Select all cards in the newly installed deck
    • Right-click and choose “Unsuspend Cards”
  2. Deck location:
    Sometimes, the cards might be added to a different deck than expected.

To check this:

• Look for a deck named “Default” or check other existing decks
    • If you find the cards there, you can move them to your desired deck
  3. Sync issues:
    Occasionally, sync problems can occur between AnkiHub and Anki.

Try this:

• Force a full sync in Anki by going to Tools > Preferences > Network > Force full sync
    • Then sync again with AnkiWeb
  4. Check AnkiHub add-on settings:
    Ensure that the AnkiHub add-on is properly configured.

• Go to Tools > Add-ons > AnkiHub > Config
    • Make sure the settings are correct, especially the deck destination
  5. Installation in progress:
    For large decks like AnKing, the installation process can take some time, especially if there’s a lot of media to download.

• Check the AnkiHub add-on for any progress indicators
    • Be patient and allow the process to complete fully

If none of these solutions work, you might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the deck. Make sure you’re using the latest version of both Anki and the AnkiHub add-on.

For more detailed assistance, you may want to check out the AnkiHub documentation or consider posting in the AnkiHub Decks category for deck-specific issues.

If you’re still experiencing problems after trying these solutions, please provide more specific details about what you’re seeing in Anki after the installation process, and I’ll be happy to help further.

Update if i screen record this alert pops by really quick.

I logged off my schools vpn like thing and then it worked.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.