Is there a way to match the AnKing card styling when creating your own cards?

The AnKing deck has a really clean look β€” color coordination between related/sister cards, specific text highlighting, italic and bold formatting conventions, etc. When I create my own cards from missed questions and import them into the deck, they look noticeably different and stick out.

To be clear β€” I’m comfortable with cloze deletions and the basic mechanics of card creation. My question is specifically about the visual styling: the color coding that ties sister cards together, the consistent text formatting, the overall polished look.

Is that styling built into a note type or card template I can apply to my own cards, or is it purely the result of manual formatting by the AnKing team on each individual card?

And if there isn’t a clean way to replicate it β€” would a standardized template or guide for matching the AnKing style be something others here would find useful? Seems like anyone supplementing the deck with their own cards runs into this same issue.

Appreciate any insight.

Hello,

I would be happy to help. :slight_smile:

If you have one of the AnKing decks in your collection, you’ll already have the AnKing note type also in your collection. Using this note type will impart most all of the stylistic conventions of that note type, and can be chosen when you go to add a card

From the β€˜add note’ screen, you can choose the note type in the top left as so:

Creating notes using that note type will default incorporate all of the stylistic conventions of the note type, including coloring and all the rest.

Please let me know if that answers your question, and if there’s anything else I can help with. :slight_smile:

Hey Brian.

Thank you for the help. It seems I was using the β€œAACloze” type instead of the one you suggested. I tested what you mentioned and it works great.

Thank you!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.