AnKing v12 Step 2 High Yield Tags Progress and Request for Clinical Relevance Tags

Bumping this reddit post that would be a cool add-on! In case anyone (especially current M3s or M4s) has the time to help take on a project like this.

Original post: https://www.reddit.com/r/medicalschoolanki/comments/z5ks4y/anking_v12_step_2_high_yield_tags_progress_and/
"It looks like Step 1 v12 high-yield tags have made a lot of progress in recent updates! They have been invaluable for my classmates and me in MS2.

Two items directed at u/AnKingMed that the community might also be wondering about or have input on:

1. Any updates on if/when Step 2 high-yield tags will be out? Other than the “anking_did_these” or the uworld step 2 tags? Would be really useful to have before next year.
  2. Another request that is lower priority than #1 but would be amazing to have: high yield tags for what is most clinically relevant as an MS3/MS4. For example, a card on the management of hypertension would get a 1-HighYield tag while the mechanism of von gierke disease would get a 5-LowYield tag. Though both may be fairly high yield for the purposes of exams, the former is much more likely to come up in daily practice both inpatient/outpatient. Having tags like these could be another neat way to prioritize studying."

AnKing’s reply:
“1. Unfortunately we haven’t had any help and this project hasn’t had any progress recently :confused: We would welcome more volunteers
2. I would love this too… but it’s difficult because when you’re studying it in the moment its kinda hard to say and when you’re finished with it (and would be best to help), you’re less motivated”

I am leading most of our tagging projects now and I have to agree with @TheAnKing’s reply as listed above. I can be more specific for you however:

Any updates on if/when Step 2 high-yield tags will be out? Other than the “anking_did_these” or the uworld step 2 tags? Would be really useful to have before next year.

As of now there are no plans to do such a thing, especially since step 2 remains to be a scored exam, and the impetus for the step 1 HY/LY project was the P/F transition for the exam. What will be a great asset to you and your peers are the expansive UWorld Step 2 QID tags that I and other volunteers have spearheaded (and has taken off dramatically with AnkiHub). I encourage you to use that as your barometer for what High Yield will be for the purposes of the deck moving forward (in terms of testing).

Another request that is lower priority than #1 but would be amazing to have: high yield tags for what is most clinically relevant as an MS3/MS4.

This is a pretty interesting request - we do have quite a few cards based on society guidelines and testing on things that are important to know for real life. The deck historically has been design for the purposes of examination, which is why something like this has never come up. You’ll learn quickly during your third year and beyond that you and your peers will have dramatically different interests, making a tag like this less useful (e.g. if you are bound for surgery and your peers are bound for pediatrics).

Hopefully that adds some clarity. We will certainly not say no if an eager group of 4th year students want to sacrifice their vacation time to start a HY/LY project, but something tells me we will be hard-pressed to find such a group :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

hello! is the tagging complete for step 1?

Its 85% done, so the majority has been sorted. We haven’t had any volunteers unfortunately for the HY/LY projects