Combing V11 and V12 tag when using Ankihub without losing past history

Hey there,

So I have been using ankihub for the past few months as I studied for step 1. I am just now getting around to cleaning up my anki. I currently have two tags for step 1 and step 2. They are the V11 and V12 tags. I have read the wiki instructions under the upgrading from V11 and important notes, but I am concerned about losing the past history of cards. I have also looked at the instructions on another post (Notes tagged with V11 and V12...what do I do?) and I understand the instructions given, but I am worried that I will lose my current time intervals. When I select the V11 tags, they show like 34K and 20K cards however my V12 tags only show a few hundred cards. Even in this scenario should I just follow the instructions of deleting the cards that are tagged under V11?

I appreciate any help!
Thank you!

Hello,

You should go to browse → tags on the left hand side → right click on the v11 tag → delete

You are only deleting the tag, this will not delete any cards

Okay! I just unsubscribed and subscribed back to the anking deck and that adjusted the card count between both of the tags. I then followed the instructions for deleting the notes within the Tag. Will this be an issue?

If I removed any important cards, will ankihub just replace them?