How to deal with DELETE(DUPLICATE) cards that you have unsuspended and studied

Hi, I have a question related to duplicates tagged in V12.

Actually, I did not check for cards tagged “DELETE(DUPLICATE)” as there were initially none in V12, but with time, it turned out that some were tagged as duplicates - which I did not notice - and now I find myself with around 20 cards unsuspended from those 150 duplicates. How should I deal with them?

Should I find their counterparts so to start working on them -if yes how to find them cause I don’t think they have the exact same words- and delete these duplicates I have been working on and all remaining duplicates?
OR
should I protect those duplicates (and how?) I had been already working on and delete the remaining cards?

And by the way, those DELETE(DUPLICATE) are not on ankihub anymore right? I should select all and delete them like one does for empty cards?

sorry, my questions may be very basic but I am not an Anki expert…

1 Like

If it were me I would just continue them and delete the others

okay! thanks for the feedback; so there is no risk of having those cards deleted right? even if they are removed from AnkiHub later as of being duplicates

nope it’s safe :slight_smile:

I have a follow-up question here regarding the DELETE(DUPLICATE) tags. When I hover over some of the cards no “warning” that it’s a duplicate pops up. Just to make sure, it is still safe to delete them right?

Yeah they’re ones we determined were duplicate topics so the wording isn’t exactly the same but it’s covered elsewhere in other cards

1 Like

For now you can flag them all and suspend them, until we have a way to remove them in AnkiHub they may continue to pop up for you.

1 Like

I may have already deleted them :sweat_smile: but I will keep that in mind for the new ones that come along!

I’m sorry if this is a silly question, but I’m not sure if I’m deleting cards correctly. Do you select all those under the “delete” tag and click on “delete note”? Isn’t there a difference between deleting cards vs deleting notes? The reason I’m asking is that I’m worried I’ve been deleting entire notes rather than the specific cards that were tagged as duplicates, and I’ve never seen a “delete card” option.

Doesn’t matter. The whole notes were meant to be deleted

With the new system in place where maintainers can delete cards for us, how will we know if there is a card that has review history that needs to be deleted?

Moving forward will all card deletions still be tagged under “DELETE(Duplicate)” even if they aren’t necessarily duplicates?

They will be tagged with two AnkiHub_Deleted and the standard !DELETE tag, you can find them in both.

All card deletions will have both of these tags

The first card deletion is live, nid:1548363898504

1 Like

you guys are great, thanks for all that you do!