Lecture notes appearing when blank

I have seen countless posts that show how to get a field (Lecture notes; AnKing) to automatically pop up when a card is flipped. But it seems like that field will only appear if there is text in that field. Can I add filler text to all cards in this field so that with the ā€œEdit fields in reviewā€ add on, I can quickly click on said text and take notes, rather than having to enter the card? I tried going to ā€˜fieldsā€™ and adding something to the field description, but it hasnā€™t worked.

I believe this solution you provided could work

The filler text solution can be achieved quickly using Find and Replace: Browsing - Anki Manual

Another untested solution to try is to open the Card Types screen and remove {{#Lecture Notes}} and {{/Lecture Notes}} from the back template.

But what Iā€™m saying is as it currently stands, thereā€™s nothing there for me to click. Because these are new cards without lecture notes present.

You can try adding a simple letter for example so it starts showing up and you can edit? I donā€™t have much experience with the edit fields in review addon so not sure if this would work

Hi! Did you ever find a solution to this besides the one you described?

Yes!

Tools>Find & Replaceā€¦ replace [spacebar] with any filler text in your field of choice (I did ā€œ.ā€ in the lecture notes field)

Now all of my cards have a lecture note with a period by default for easy access to edit

1 Like

Thank you!!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.