Trying to start school-specific tags but can't get it to work

I followed the directions in the video to create a new tag in AnkiHub. Then in Anki Browse mode, I wasn’t seeing an AnkiHub_Optional tag, so I created it, and created a subtag with the same name as my school tag. I tried tagging and syncing one card but it is not showing up when I log into AnkiHub and look under my decks → optional tags. Does the syntax below look correct? I would paste a screenshot but I don’t see the option here.

Syntax:
AnkiHub_Optional::TagName::Subtag1::Subtag2::Subtag3

Did you make a suggestion with it?

I’m not sure how to make a suggestion.

I just added a tag to one card, then synced. It’s not showing up in AnkiHub under tagged cards or open suggestions.

Did you follow the instructions in this video specifically?

Yes that’s the video I watched and tried to follow.

Also, when I go to manage maintainers, it says, “This optional tag group doesn’t have maintainers yet.” I tried to add myself as a maintainer but nothing happened.

If you created the optional tag group, you will be the owner so you do not need to add yourself as a maintainer

Ok. The tag is showing up on AnkiHub, but when I sync my deck with some tagged cards, it’s not pushing through to AnkiHub. I just tried tagging a second card and resyncing. I’m guessing something is wrong with my syntax but I’m not sure what to try next.

Ok nevermind, I figured it out. I didn’t realize there was a second step to push them through correctly besides a normal sync which is shown at the end of the video. Once I did that it worked.

1 Like

Great!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.