[Wiki] OMM for COMLEX by Jwill

This Deck is now OUTDATED (05/07/2024)

Updates will no longer be made here but on the new deck “OMM for COMLEX

After discovering flaws in the note type here we decided it would be in the best interest of all users to shift to a new deck. With a better note-type without delaying till that option is available on AnkiHub. We will try to help all users transition to the new deck. The process is EXTREMELY SIMPLE:
1) Unsubscribe from this deck
2) Subscribe to the new deck
3) PROTECT fields where your personal content currently is (for example if you currently are using B&B as a personal field protect that on the new deck)
4) Sync with AnkiHub in your Anki application
- This will automatically update all your cards for you to the new note-type. (review history will be preserved)
5) Move personal content to “Lecture Notes” field
- Update protected field preferences on AnkiHub
6) Done!

New deck link: CLICK HERE

Please be aware we intend to delete this (the old version) deck sometime in July most likely.

The deck has been renamed “Old: OMM for COMLEX” to help Users differentiate between the two.

3 Likes

So happy for all the updates you’re rolling out, thank you! I was not sure where to put this but could I make the suggestion of creating a “high yield” set of tags for the deck similar to the format in the anking deck?

I’d be happy to contribute to making them but it would be nice if there were some rules or something set in place so that it is done the right way before I go marking up the deck.

Hello,
none of the media is showing up for me, is this happening to anyone else?
Unsure what I am doing wrong, I appreciate any help.

@marinheirom Did you make sure to download the media from the MEGA file? and upload it in anki via the AnkiHub Addon?

@AnkiHub @andrew @AnKingMed

Hello AnkiHub team! @Jwill and I have been working on an update for the “OMM for COMLEX” deck with a revamped note type system that is very similar to AnKingOverHaul. We have basically changed out some fields such as Pixorize, Picmonic, etc. for OMM style resources (i.e COMBANK, NBOME, OME). I reached out to AnKing for some advice on how to incorporate this change into the “Note type customization addon”. We would greatly appreciate any help we can get so we may publish the updated deck on AnkiHub.

Please take a look at my last comment on this post for reference: Creating my Own Note Type · Issue #183 · AnKing-VIP/AnKing-Note-Types · GitHub

Thank you!

I am trying to put the link into the mega section under ‘import media’ and this is the error I get each time. I also try to download the zip file and it won’t download either. I can not get any of the media images from the OMM Complex deck

Anki 23.12.1 (1a1d4d54) (ao)
Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.5.3 PyQt 6.5.3
Platform: macOS-13.5.1-arm64-arm-64bit

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “aqt.taskman”, line 142, in _on_closures_pending

File “aqt.taskman”, line 86, in

File “/Users/taylorboody/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/media_import/tabs/base.py”, line 130, in on_done
self.rootpath = fut.result()

File “concurrent.futures._base”, line 439, in result

File “concurrent.futures._base”, line 391, in __get_result

File “concurrent.futures.thread”, line 58, in run

File “/Users/taylorboody/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/media_import/tabs/mega.py”, line 29, in create_root_file
return MegaRoot(url)

File “/Users/taylorboody/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/media_import/pathlike/mega.py”, line 187, in init
self.get_data()

File “/Users/taylorboody/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/media_import/pathlike/mega.py”, line 205, in get_data
self.search_files(nodes, root_id, recursive=True)

File “/Users/taylorboody/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/media_import/pathlike/mega.py”, line 217, in search_files
key = mega.decrypt_node_key(node[“k”], self.shared_key)

File “/Users/taylorboody/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/media_import/pathlike/mega.py”, line 155, in decrypt_node_key
encrypted_key = base64_to_a32(key_data.split(“:”)[1])

IndexError: list index out of range

So turns out the mega link straight into ankihub didn’t work bc of the need for a description key. try using this URL instead:

https://mega.nz/folder/YMFlyJAI#G3UILwJKeyod8El1Jy-bYg

That link won’t work for me either. Not sure what is going on

as in the website doesn’t load? or are you only having issues in anki? the folder cannot be zipped so you have to unzip it first before trying to use the ankihub add-on ot import local files

Try this Google Drive link instead, it works for me when I test it.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ijfsqPK-GvYiufKWMnEgxjOrSw_5urQc?usp=sharing

I will copy and paste the link and then click ‘check url’. it works. and then when I clicked ‘import’, it will “crash” my anki or cause it to force quit

Unfortunately, we do not currently support note type updates. I understand it’s a highly desired feature and we’d like to support it in the future, but we can’t prioritize it at the moment.

Interesting. I’m not sure this is related to the specific media link then. I would suggest submitting a support request on the support page. (It might be a question of local storage availability, many times people run into roadblocks downloading media it comes down to not enough local storage available on the device)

Is there anyway we can get a little guidance on incorporating the note type ourselves into the addon. I was pretty close when I was editing the JSON file. Im sure it’s just the unique note ids that need to be changed or something?

Ideally I just want to be able to import that folder into the addon folder and call it a day.

It is recommended to install the media folder then import it, rather than using mega / google drive links. It’s more stable this way from what I’ve seen

1 Like

That’s what I’ve always done. I’ve never actually used the direct link feature so that’s good to know!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.