Cards appearing blank when reviewing despite the fact that fields are not empty

Every like 3-4 cards I just get a blank that does not load. Sometimes if I go up to “decks” and then back into a session I can get a new card that shows info, but then it almost immediately gives me a blank screen again. Have not been able to get through more than 30 cards in the last 2 days. I just upgraded my anki a few days ago and then joined anki hub. This never happened before I did these things.

here are screenshots of what I see. It appears like it only happens on review cards from what I noticed. This time it only took one card to do this.

other media post because I guess I only get one in a post

As one last update, it looks like it only happens on cards with many fields. I am using the anking deck so I don’t know how to fix that since I did not make the cards myself and don’t have time to change all of them.

Can you try disabling the AnkiHub add-on and see if this still happens when it is disabled?
You could also try to disable other add-ons to see if it helps.

Please also upload your logs and post the filename you get here. (Main Anki window → AnkiHub menu → Help → Upload logs).

I just looked quickly and I don’t know how to remove the add-on. One of my friends actually put it on my Anki for me so I was not able to do that. I did try to get the logs using your instructions, but I am not sure if this is what you wanted. link below. Sorry this is not very helpful, but I really only know how to click through the cards and nothing else.

ankihub_addon_logs_4809c_1679780936.log

No problem. Thanks for the logs!

To disable the add-on you can do this:

• from the main Anki window click on Tools → Add-ons
  • Search for AnkiHub in the list and select it
  • Click the Toggle Enabled button
  • The AnkiHub item in the list should be one gray

Hello! I just downloaded AnkiHub today and noticed a similar problem when I was going through my reviews. Once I hit a blank card, I’m able to see the card if I go back to the main Anki window, hit sync, and return to the AnKing deck. But I have the same problem again after doing 20 or so cards. I disabled the AnkiHub add-on as you suggested and still had the same error. I haven’t had this issue since I downloaded AnkiHub today, so I don’t think it would be due to my other add-ons.

My AnkiHub add-on log: ankihub_addon_logs_c49ce_1679783014.log

Thanks!

I would like to add to this conversation and say I have noticed this issue occasionally as well. I’m still not sure whether it’s an inherent Anki issue that needs patching or AnkiHub though. I haven’t managed to find any pattern with it either - some days I won’t notice it at all and then other days it’ll be every few cards.

Edit: the issue persists despite using the empty cards tool in Anki.

Try the solution described here: Lengthy Cloze cards appear blank - #4 by jakub.f.

2 Likes

Hi! I’m having the same problems but with multiple cards, not just lengthy close cards. I’m using the overhaul deck, as well. I’ve tried all solutions mentioned above and none have worked.