Errors syncing with AnkiHub for the AnKing Deck

The category for general support questions related to using AnkiHub.

Please include supporting information and documents such as screenshots, recordings, error messages, etc.

Hi! I’m new to using this, so I hope I’m doing this right. I’ve been getting errors syncing to AnkiHub for months now. It looks like this:

I submitted an error report quite some time ago, but it doesn’t seem to have resolved. I also have a lot of cards where the media isn’t loading- hoping that will resolve once I can sync correctly. Does anyone know why it is not syncing? Thanks in advance!

Can you share the rest of that error code?

Also, please hold shift while starting Anki, then go to tools->addons->check for updates and update any addons if there are some (is AnkiHub one of them?). Then restart Anki

That seems to have fixed it! Weird, it usually alerts me when opening Anki if there are updates and I hit yes. But thank you!!

Probably not super relevant anymore but here’s that error code just in case:

Error
An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue to the add-on author.
Debug info:
Anki 2.1.54 (b6a7760c) Python 3.9.7 Qt 5.14.1 PyQt 5.14.1
Platform: Mac 12.6
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=3
Add-ons, last update check: 2023-01-31 18:58:52
Add-ons possibly involved: ⁨AnkiHub⁊

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt.taskman”, line 122, in _on_closures_pending
File “aqt.taskman”, line 71, in
File “aqt.taskman”, line 90, in wrapped_done
File “/Users/bilalsiddiq/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/sync.py”, line 188, in on_syncing_done
raise exc
File “concurrent.futures.thread”, line 52, in run
File “/Users/bilalsiddiq/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/sync.py”, line 183, in sync_with_ankihub_after_delay
sync.sync_all_decks()
File “/Users/bilalsiddiq/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/sync.py”, line 32, in sync_all_decks
should_continue = self._sync_deck(ah_did)
File “/Users/bilalsiddiq/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/sync.py”, line 44, in _sync_deck
success = self._download_note_updates(ankihub_did)
File “/Users/bilalsiddiq/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/sync.py”, line 59, in _download_note_updates
for chunk in client.get_deck_updates(
File “/Users/bilalsiddiq/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/ankihub_client.py”, line 411, in get_deck_updates
response = self._send_request(
File “/Users/bilalsiddiq/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/ankihub_client.py”, line 252, in _send_request
response = self.session.send(request)
File “requests.sessions”, line 645, in send
File “requests.adapters”, line 417, in send
File “requests.adapters”, line 228, in cert_verify
OSError: Could not find a suitable TLS CA certificate bundle, invalid path: /var/folders/35/hrsp1l_95ls80f12s41hqpnc0000gn/T/tmpsib0foifcacert.pem