Imported anki deck has more notes than expected?

Hi all! As a first-time Anki user, I recently subscribed to the “Anking Overhaul for Step 1 and Step 2 Exams” on AnkiHub. The deck’s webpage says it contains 28,517 notes; however, when I look at the Anking deck on my Anki, I have 34,773 notes.

I’ve been trying to figure out if I have duplicate cards, but I haven’t found good resources on how to resolve this. I noticed that under “Note Types”, I have two categories that have similar labels: “AnKingOverhaul” (with 6,257 notes inside) and “AnKingOverhaul (AnKing / AnKingMed)” (with 28,515 notes inside).

Should I just delete the first category “AnKingOverhaul”? This would get me really close to the ideal number, but I don’t want to miss out on any cards that may not be in the other category.

Any input / guidance would be much appreciated!! Thank you.

If you haven’t used the cards yet, you can just delete the note types and the deck, unsubscribe entirely from the ankihub addon and on the ankihub website, then subscribe again for a fresh install. This will ensure you have the right number of cards without worrying about deleting any

Hi! Thanks that makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately, I already started working on the cards. Is there a way to ensure I can keep my progress / unsuspended cards? Or would you just recommend starting over? :confused:

Thanks!!