Missing Step 2 cards

I downloaded the anking deck 2 years ago and had been using it for STEP 1 study so I deleted the STEP2 cards. Last year I got anki hub to keep the cards up to date. I am now ready to start studying for STEP2 but I don’t have any of the cards - do I need to re-download the cards from reddit or should they sync through ankiHub?

I am worried if I click AnkiHub reset all local changes, I will lose all of the progress on my STEP1 cards.

Many thanks!

Hello,

You can just reset all local changes and you will get all the cards back. They will be found in the #AK_Step2_V12 tag

To do so:

Please try resetting your local changes. To do this:

Go to browse in your Anki → at the top click on ankihub addon tab → press reset all local changes

This will restore everything to what AnkiHub has unless you have specifically protected those fields

If you added things to the text/extra and those are not protected, then they will be overwritten.

To see how to protect those fields, see this post: Protecting Fields and Tags

Sorry Ahmed, I actually haven’t had any luck and those cards under the tag are part of the Step 1 deck. I’ve also tried unsubscribing to Anking overhaul and resubscribing but all I can see is the included cards for Step 1 and then my personal decks.

Any other suggestions?
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 6.25.49 pm

You can choose to select all those cards in the step 2 deck and move them to a separate deck called step 2 if you wish.

Anking V12 does not have subdecks so you will not see a subdeck titled “Step 2”. See the reasoning here: Why are there no subdecks in the AnKing V12 deck?

You can go to the tag #AK_Step2_V12 → Cmd + A to highlight all of them → right click → change deck

That way all the cards tagged with a step 2 tag will be in a separate deck (note that some step 2 cards overlap so this will move some step 1 cards as well).

Alternatively, you can set up custom study decks for only step 2 content without having to move anything, you can see how to do that here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1v1TqRTUUE&t=0s

Let me know if that answers your question, I apologize if this isn’t what you meant

1 Like

Thank you, I had just figured that out before you responded. I appreciate the breakdown of how to separate them into an individual deck. This is exactly what I was wondering.

Many thanks @Ahmed7!!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.