New cards upload with empty content on protected fields

Since I make a lot of edits to most of the cards on the Anking deck, I chose to protect the fields “text” “extra” and “one by one” so that the edits would not be erased when I synched the deck. but ever since I did that, any new or updated cards, appear without any content in those fields. And when i click to view that card on the AnkiHub, I can see that there is in fact content there.
Is there a way for me to protect the cards I have edited but also be able to get any new cards added to the deck?

Since you protect the text and others field, there is no way to selectively show each field unless you first added the protect tag to the cards you have edited.

For example, you highlight 1000 cards you have edited, right click on them → ankihub protect fields → mark the fields you want protected.

Then reset all local changes and you can see the new cards

Thank you!

Would such approach to protect the cards differ from selecting the protected fields from option on the AnkiHub website?
like the picture i have attached.

Slightly.

The protect function on the website blanket protects every single card’s field you selected. So for example, all 43,000 etc cards’ text fields in your AnKing deck are protected through this method.

However the right click → protect method just adds a tag to that individual card which tells AnkiHub to only protect that specific card(s) text, extra, sketchy etc fields.

sounds good!
So I’ll remove the protected selection from the website option and just manually protect the ones i have edited.

Yes exactly!

Make sure to protect with the right click method first, then unprotect on the website after you are done, then reset all local changes this way to recieve all the new changes:

Go to browse in your Anki → at the top click on ankihub addon tab → press reset all local changes

This will restore everything to what AnkiHub has unless you have specifically protected those fields