"No cloze ⁨X⁩ found on card. Please either add a cloze deletion, or use the Empty Cards tool"

Forgive me if this was already asked previously, but I have many Anking cards in the Anking overhaul deck that appears with the “No cloze…” message or just appear blank. You can access the content by clicking ‘edit,’ however that is not a good method to do my reviews.

There are a few situations where this occurs: single cloze cards, multiple cloze cards, and cards with ‘toggle next’

Is this a deck issue that is in the pipeline to get fixed, or an issue locally on my end?

go to your anki main screen, top left go to tools → empty cards → delete

1 Like

This is still not fixing some of my cards. Example below:
The rotator cuff muscles can be remembered by the mnemonic "SITS ":

1. {{c1::Supraspinatus::S}}
  2. {{c1::Infraspinatus::I}}
  3. {{c1::Teres minor::T}}
  4. {{c1::Subscapularis::S}}

This card also has one by one marked as “y”. But when it shows up while I am doing cards it is blank. I already did the empty cards tool.

this card was just updated today, hours ago, have you synced with ankihub as of today? try syncing again and doing the delete card thing again. If all else fails you can unsubscribe from the anking deck from the ankihub addon then resubscribe, that should fix it

I have synced and just again double checked that I was synced. I also re-did the empty cards and had no more empty cards. Whatever the update to that card was, it seems to have made it show up as blank. This is consistent even when I choose to preview the card in the editor, clicking preview shows a blank card.

You will need the AnKing Note Types Add-on - go into the tooltip > scroll to the bottom > check “flip automatically” and that should resolve your issue

2 Likes

Updating this thread because the exact same issue has occurred with the below card. This is happening even after trying the solutions that were proposed earlier in the thread (Syncing again, using the Note Types Add-on and checking flip automatically).

The tissues/organs that have both aldose reductase and sorbitol dehydrogenase can be remembered with the mnemonic “LOSe ”:

{{c1::Liver::L}}
{{c1::Ovaries::O}}
{{c1::Seminal Vesicles::Se}}

Actually, my mistake, it seems like this was a case were this card was recently edited so that where there were clozes 1, 2, and 3 prior, there is now only cloze 1 but 3 separate words. Deleting empty cards seems to be the appropriate solution.

1 Like