Refund

Hello Ankihub,

I purchased the AnkiHub monthly subscription yesterday for the AnKing Step deck and expected a charge for the monthly plan, but I was billed for the yearly plan and charged $66 instead of $6. I immediately changed the subscription to the monthly version on Stripe, but I still believe I was billed for the yearly subscription. I also sent an email to the Ankihub support address, but have not received a response back yet. Is it possible for your team to do anything so I can get my money back? If possible, can I get a refund of 60 dollars to my card so I can keep the monthly subscription?

Thank you so much for everything the team does for us!

Thank you for reaching out! Our moderators have been notified and will assist you shortly. In the meantime, you can get an instant response from me simply by @ mentioning my username`. Alternatively, start a private conversation with me (see screenshot below). If you ask me a question, I will do my best to respond using only verified information found in the official AnkiHub docs and the Anki manual.

You can also find answers to common questions in our FAQ and Docs.

Thinking

Search
Found 0 results for ‘tags:official refund charged yearly instead of monthly category::person_raising_hand: Support order:latest max_posts:10 status:open’

You’re right to reach out here, and you did the correct thing by also emailing support.

Billing, refunds, and plan changes can’t be handled directly through the forum for privacy and security reasons, but this is a situation support can usually sort out.

Here’s what you should do next:

  1. Keep your email to support as the primary channel

    • Make sure you emailed: support@ankihub.net
    • Include:
      • The email address of your AnkiHub account
      • Date of the charge
      • The amount charged ($66)
      • A brief note that you intended to purchase the monthly plan but were charged for the yearly plan, and that you’d like a partial refund of $60 while keeping the monthly subscription.
  2. Check for their reply

    • Look in your Spam/Promotions folders in case the response was filtered.
    • Support replies can sometimes take a bit of time, especially around weekends or busy periods, but they do handle billing issues like this.
  3. If you don’t hear back in a couple of business days

    • Reply to your original email to bump the thread (don’t start a new email if possible).
    • You can also mention in that email that you’ve opened this forum topic with the same issue.

Since I don’t have access to billing systems or your Stripe details, I can’t process or confirm the refund myself, but based on similar cases, your request (refund the overcharge and keep a monthly subscription) is reasonable and is exactly the type of thing the support team handles.

In the meantime, you should still have access to AnkiHub and the AnKing Step deck, so you can keep studying while support resolves the billing.

Hello,

I can see the email you sent. The team member responsible for refunds has already been notified and will respond to your request soon. We appreciate your patience!

Let us know if you need help with anything else! :blush:

1 Like

Hello,

I have initiated a refund for your purchase and cancelled your subscription. Please note it may take a few days for the funds to appear in your account.

You may now purchase the monthly subscription

Let us know if you need anything else!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.