Adding pictures to cards as a change, how to proceed with AnkiHub "image support" tool

Hi!

Quick question. Now that image support has been - finally! - released, if I want to add a picture to a card so that others in the community can see it when doing their cards, should I just paste it, submit the change to Ankihub -consider it is going to get accepted- , and then press “upload images for deck” in the AnkiHub addon? Are those steps correct?
Also, pressing “upload images for deck” will upload all the pictures of the deck OR will it just upload additional pictures that are not present in the main deck on AnkiHub?

Considering copyright issues, in the context of Anking deck for Steps, what are the steps if we still want to share interesting pictures with the rest of this deck users?

Thanks for the feedback…

You would just paste it into the field and then upload it as a suggestion like you have in the past. You don’t need to “upload images for deck”. That button is just for deck creators that uploaded decks prior to image support

For the AnKing deck for steps, we are only accepting images that we have permissions for or that are public domain AND have a proper citation. Anything else will be automatically rejected.

See the wiki with guidelines here

1 Like

Perfect, thanks for the great feedback!

1 Like

Currently having an issue with this.

I add an image to my personal deck on AnkiHub, but when I refresh my cards, it shows up as that little tiny generic square showing missing media. Any fixes for this?

Thanks!

For reference, the “extra” section should have an image in it

Is your extra field protected?

It is not protected.

I can make text changes just fine. It’s only with media that this happens

After further testing, I’ve noticed that I can copy any random image from google images into my deck and they will show up just fine, but I cannot (no matter what) get any screenshot or saved photo (neither JPG nor PNG) from my Mac to show up in the deck after pasting it in the “extra” field.

Could it be something to do with the image URL?

Found a solution.

Can you share here in case others have the same issue and come across this post?

I found that I a have to bulk suggest edits from the actual Anki application itself instead of editing the card directly on AnkiHub. Not sure why this is the case, but it isn’t a huge deal and it works for me!

Oh were you trying to add images from the website?

Yes, exactly

That makes sense. That’s because you can’t add images from the website yet. Stil working on that sorry!

It allowed me to add images directly copied from google images on the website, but not screenshots of my device. Regardless, I got it figured out and it’s working fine, thank you!

1 Like