Additional resource field not updating on AnkiHub

Working on the image replacement project and when suggesting cards to AnkiHub, a good percentage of cards are not syncing the Additional Resources field. The extra field will upload but the additional resources will not. I can’t find any pattern between the cards that are not uploading properly and the ones that are. No fields are protected and have done all I can do to trouble shoot. For example note 11509810751711

2 Likes

Can attest, tried troubleshooting but cant figure out the cause. Tried bulk suggesting and tried solo suggesting, its just randomly happens where some cards have the additional resource update and some simply don’t

@pedroven @heitor @jakub.f what might be the cause?

I have the same problem…

@GroupG_Strep93 is also working on the image replacement project, he is having the same problem, this is hindering their ability to submit suggestions as a result, since they or I would have to manually input every HTML back into the additional resources field, and that would be too tedious to do for over 350 suggestions each

Added an urgent tag. The developers are notified.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

@DocMir, @GroupG_Strep93, @Ahmed7, thanks for reporting this.

Currently, “Additional Resources” is set as an “asset disabled field”, which means that everything related to images that are added to this field will not be synced, only text changes should be.

Some questions that will help us a lot with the investigation:

• Are you able to make suggestions with only textual changes to the “Additional Resources” field?
    • expected behaviour: this should work normally
  • Are you able to make suggestions with images to the “Additional Resources” field?
  • When a text-only suggestion is approved and you sync with ankihub through the addon, does the note gets updated with the changes made in the “Additional Resources” field?
  • When a suggestion with images is approved and you sync with ankihub through the addon, does the note gets updated with the changes made in the “Additional Resources” field?
    • expected behaviour: images should not be downloaded
1 Like

So I tested the first three questions
Both images and text in the additional resource field

Images and text are inconsistent with no identifiable pattern on whether or not they will upload to anki hub when suggesting from anki ( when moving more than one image to the additional resources field) some cards it worked some it did not

Images did work when the only singular change you make to the card is just adding images only to the additional resources field

• However we are trying to make changes to more than the additional resource field for this project simultaneously

Text also worked fine when the additional resource field was the only field being modified.

Sorry, I didn’t understand what do you mean here. Could you please elaborate further?

When you add for example text to the extra field and move an image to the additional resources field (on anki). Then you suggested them Some cards update on anki-hub with the changes to the additional resources field and some do not.
I can not find any pattern between the cards that do update properly and the ones that do not.

This is now fixed. Changes to Additional Resources should work properly now!

4 Likes

Perfect, thank you so much :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you it is working without issues now!

2 Likes