My Anki app keeps crashing whenever I click browse. I subscribed to the Anking Step Deck which has 28,000 ish cards as of me posting this. However, only one shows up in the Anking Step Deck when I sync it using the AnkiHub add on. I read that I should click browse to unsuspend the cards I want to study, but whenever I click browse, the anki app crashes. I have tried this on multiple devices and have had the same result, including on a brand new PC.
This is the version of Anki that I have:
Version 25.09.4 (d52ca669)
Python 3.13.5 Qt 6.9.1 Chromium 122
Thank you for reaching out! Our moderators have been notified and will assist you shortly. In the meantime, you can get an instant response from me simply by @ mentioning my username`. Alternatively, start a private conversation with me (see screenshot below). If you ask me a question, I will do my best to respond using only verified information found in the official AnkiHub docs and the Anki manual.
You can also find answers to common questions in our FAQ and Docs.
Search
Found 0 results for ‘tags:official browse crash AnKing step deck category: Support order:latest max_posts:20 status:open’
Thanks for all the details you included — that helps narrow things down.
Crashing specifically when opening Browse with a large shared deck + AnkiHub usually points to either:
An Anki version/add-on conflict, or
Corruption / bad config in the profile or collection.
Since it’s happening on multiple devices (even a new PC), I’d focus on version/add-ons and making sure the AnkiHub setup is clean.
1. Check Anki version & compatibility
Your version:
Version 25.09.4 (d52ca669) – Qt 6.9.1
This looks like a very new / beta-style version. AnkiHub and many add-ons are generally tested and supported on stable releases from AnkiWeb, not on very new or experimental builds.
It now works, but takes a long time to bring up the browse function on the brand new Windows PC. The browse function also does not work on AnkiMobile on my iPad as well.
Could you please tell me whether you have any other decks in Anki, or if you only have the AnKing Step deck? Screenshots would be helpful.
Did this issue start happening exactly after you downloaded the AnKing Step Deck?
Is the browser simply slow to load, or is there still an error appearing? The more detail you can provide, the better we can understand what’s happening.