Combining decks, keeping our scheduling

Backstory:

• A friend and I want to make a school specific deck
  • We have both been making cards separately, and have recently gotten onto Ankihub

Query:

• Is there a way to merge the two decks into one Ankihub deck in such a way that we can each keep the scheduling of our cards when we sync to the version on Ankihub?

It would be a shame for one or both of us to have to start from scratch on the cards we’ve already been studying

Hope this makes sense, happy to clarify anything if necessary

Yes, there is a way to do that and keep your own scheduling.

One of you will first need to create an AnkiHub deck. You can follow the tutorial on how to do that.

After the deck is created, the other person needs to subscribe to the deck and sync their Anki. Then, they should select all the cards they want to add to the deck and change the note type to the one that belongs to the AnkiHub deck that was just created.

Once the note types are changed, they should select all the cards and bulk suggest them to the deck.

If they’re also a maintainer, the cards will be added automatically. Otherwise, the deck creator will need to approve the change.

Once that’s done, each of you will have their cards added to the deck without losing your individual scheduling.

I hope this clarifies the process! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.

Thank you for your reply!

I’ll be sure to provide an update when we can.

Thanks @beejumm , your method worked :smiley:

Yay, glad I could help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.