Error while downloading or creating AnkiHub decks

Hey guys, I am a paid member. After I paste in the Anki App the Deck ID from AnkiHub to the add-on, the following error shows up. I have tried many things, holding down shift key, checking for updates and even downloading Anki again and updating my macOS. So please, I really need help

Error
An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue to the add-on author.
Debug info:
Anki 2.1.54 (b6a7760c) Python 3.9.7 Qt 6.3.1 PyQt 6.3.1
Platform: Mac 13.2
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2023-01-25 16:06:31
Add-ons possibly involved: ⁨AnkiHub⁊

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt.taskman”, line 122, in _on_closures_pending
File “aqt.taskman”, line 71, in
File “aqt.taskman”, line 90, in wrapped_done
File “/Users/jdov/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/gui/decks.py”, line 354, in on_download_done
notes_data: List[NoteInfo] = future.result()
File “concurrent.futures._base”, line 438, in result
File “concurrent.futures._base”, line 390, in __get_result
File “concurrent.futures.thread”, line 52, in run
File “/Users/jdov/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/gui/decks.py”, line 370, in
lambda: AnkiHubClient().download_deck(
File “/Users/jdov/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/ankihub_client.py”, line 342, in download_deck
s3_response_content = self._download_with_progress_cb(
File “/Users/jdov/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/ankihub_client.py”, line 371, in _download_with_progress_cb
raise AnkiHubRequestError(response)
1322529746.ankihub_client.AnkiHubRequestError: AnkiHub request error: 403 Forbidden

5 Likes

did you figure this out? I am having the same issue

I haven’t ! this is probably an add-on error. Hopefully, some moderator will see this topic and I am sure they will work on it

which version of anki are you on? I’m on the very latest : Version ⁨2.1.56 (07fd88dd)⁩

I am on 2.1.54 which is the version that is shown in the AnkiHub add-on description

Same error. Cant even add any decks when I literally pay for it.

1 Like

This is a recurring problem then. I’m sure they will fix it soon enough, pretty confident we are not the only ones with this problem

are you also on Mac? I might give this a try on my windows desktop

I am! newest version of anki for mac, add ons directly from ankihub website.

I sure hope so. Was working perfectly until I tried to add a new deck with ankihub. Tried with multiple decks, same error.

It could be a server side issue. The last line of the error message, “403 forbidden” might be an indicator of that. I wouldn’t be surprised if things randomly started working in a bit. Keep checking every few hours I guess

2 Likes

definitely will be checking every once in a while. Will update as soon as it works for me ! please feel free to do the same !

Oh I can promise you, I will be sprinting back to this forum as soon as mine is fixed and/or I figure it out! Best of luck

1 Like

Well this made me feel a lot better- same issue here.

I am having the same error trying to set a friend of mine up on Anki Hub. It worked perfectly for my other friend and me but that was a few weeks ago and now this error is presenting when all settings are the same. Glad we are in this together and I hope it gets worked out soon.

there was an update just now, but it still doesn’t fix anything

just checked, just updated and no fix yet

receiving same error message! urg

Error
An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue to the add-on author.
Debug info:
Anki 2.1.56 (07fd88dd) Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.3.2 PyQt 6.3.1
Platform: macOS-13.1-arm64-arm-64bit
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2023-01-25 18:01:50
Add-ons possibly involved: ⁨AnkiHub⁊

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt.taskman”, line 122, in _on_closures_pending
File “aqt.taskman”, line 71, in
File “aqt.taskman”, line 90, in wrapped_done
File “/Users//Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/gui/decks.py”, line 467, in on_download_done
notes_data: List[NoteInfo] = future.result()
File “concurrent.futures._base”, line 439, in result
File “concurrent.futures._base”, line 391, in __get_result
File “concurrent.futures.thread”, line 58, in run
File “/Users//Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/gui/decks.py”, line 483, in
lambda: AnkiHubClient().download_deck(
File “/Users//Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/ankihub_client.py”, line 344, in download_deck
s3_response_content = self._download_with_progress_cb(
File “/Users//Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1322529746/ankihub_client.py”, line 373, in _download_with_progress_cb
raise AnkiHubRequestError(response)
1322529746.ankihub_client.AnkiHubRequestError: AnkiHub request error: 403 Forbidden

Hey; I’m also having the same issue; do we have a fix yet? Or did it eventually go well for any of you who had this issue before?

I’m also having the same issue. I just downloaded the AnkiHub add on and it’s not allowing me to subscribe to decks.