First Aid Media Files Milling

I have read all the threads about missing media files for first aid, and nothing is working! I have insured I am subscribed to the correct deck, reset local changes to a deck, updated my anki, unsubscribed and resubscribed to force a full sync, etc… None of the media files for first aid are populating.

When I “check media” it says that 22037 files are missing

1 Like

I have all the other media files… including all the sketchy media files. Its just the first aid that wont populate. My understanding is that I dont need to import those separately, they should sync from ankihub directly.

1 Like

We are not syncing the first aid field.

This is answered in the wiki. Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.

If you have the media file, go to ankihub → unprotect first aid field → reset local changes → reimport your media file. That might be what your issue is

You can reset local changes like this (do this after you unprotected the first aid field)

Go to browse in your Anki → at the top click on ankihub addon tab → press reset all local changes

This will restore everything to what AnkiHub has unless you have specifically protected those fields

So I do need to download the media from reddit for first aid? The sketchy media automatically appeared when I subscribed to the deck. This is not the case with first aid?

I did reset all local changes and insure that I did not have the first aid field protected. There was still no media.

So I have to download the media from that reddit link and upload it manually? I dont understand why the sketchy media would work automatically but the first aid wont.

This is answered in the link above, we have permission to use sketchy images which is why we are syncing them

I had multiple people come up to me for this topic. So if we go to the reddit post, download the 3gb file, unprotect FA field on ankhub, then reset local changes, then go to import media and click the 3gb FA folder, the FA images should populate, right?

Yes

1 Like

Thank you! Does this process change if someone accidentally unprotected “additional fields” and “First aid?”

can they simply protect “additional fields” again and then reset local changes then continue with the FA import?

Yes that’s okay too, the process is the same

1 Like

Thank you! I got it to work for my colleagues. If anyone else is having an issue with this, make sure the FA field is unprotected on ankihub and make sure you reset local changes! Thats it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.