Issues w/ Stale Suggestion Cover on Resolved Edits

Just noticed this change this morning and do not think it is well thought out.

This change prohibits end users from understanding what was changed on a card and increases the chance of duplicate suggestions clogging up the queue. I think it is particularly harmful to the user experience because I have also noticed some maintainers making significant changes to cards with little to no justification in the rationale field and approving their own edits.

As an example, on nid:1484792660388, I can no longer easily track the many attempts to edit the SIG E CAPS criteria between 4 vs 5. If I did not agree with the wording of the card, I’d be retreading over an already resolved issue. You can see there that this stale suggestion cover is also inconsistent with what it covers regarding accepted vs rejected suggestions.

Additionally, not to single anyone out as I have seen others doing this, but most recently I noticed some changes made by Aaron to the AnKing deck with improper sourcing and/or little explanation that were not well thought out. I would have never caught this if I was unable to see what the change was.

We are looking into this, this is definitely not an intended change. Thank you for bringing it up!

We always strive to have consistent and reliable changes to cards, we will discuss this with the aforementioned maintainer.

Btw, your suggestions have been great lately, keep up the great work :slight_smile:

@CTE_BrainDamage

Thank you for taking the time to provide your invaluable feedback and for your astute observations. I want to express my sincere appreciation for your contributions, which have helped me to improve the quality of my work.

In response to your feedback, I have made several revisions to address the concerns you raised. Going forward, I welcome your feedback in a private message, should you have any issues with my work. The maintainers of this community strive to provide the best possible service and occasionally make mistakes, but we are always looking for ways to improve.

Over the past six months, I have submitted approximately 450 content edits, and I understand that my explanations for the 2 suggestions you questioned could have been clearer. I apologize for any confusion or frustration this may have caused. I am committed to doing my best to provide quality content and to addressing any concerns you may have. I look forward to working with you to make further improvements in the future.

2 Likes

@Aaron

Thank you for working with me on those edits; I appreciate the work you’ve been putting in to update the deck and your openness to feedback.

I really did not mean to single you out, it just happened that this bug on the site influenced the particular issue we were hashing out and thought it was a good example of why it wouldn’t be a good change.

1 Like

@CTE_BrainDamage thanks for reporting this, it was not intended behaviour. We added the “stale suggestion” message with the intention of just displaying it for “pending” suggestions, but there was this bug that made it show on all closed (approved/rejected) suggestions as well.

This was fixed yesterday and it’s already live! You should only see the “stale suggestion” message for suggestions that are open but the contents of the suggestion do not change anything in the original note (this can happen when another suggestion with the same contents was merged before).
The intention of this message is to help maintainers identify stale suggestions quickly and reject them right away, making the review process cleaner and faster.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if there are any other issues :slight_smile:

2 Likes