Maintainer Deleted optional tags

As a Maintainer of an optional Tag group, I have updated some tags by Removing them entirely from cards. Even though I removed them they are still appearing as tags to another user/maintainer. Despite both of us syncing with the hub and even using the ā€œreset an optional tag groupā€ in the browser they still were tagged for them. It seems as if updating cards with added/ edited tags is working just not the removal of tags from user to user.

I donā€™t know if it has anything to do with this similar yet opposite issue:

What if the other user unsubscribes and re-subscribes to the optional tag group, does this still occur?

Yes, it does. Iā€™ve confirmed that unsubscribing and resubscribing does not fix it for me or others. It also happens to me when other maintainers delete tags or change tag names. I get the new tag but the old tag stays.
I have found resetting the optional tag group helped me but having to reset it every time I want to update my optional tags is tedious, and time-consuming.

Currently the reset tag option is the only way as far as I know.

I think you can also use this clear unused tag button from the fastbar addon, might be helpful as well

CleanShot 2023-08-23 at 18.52.03@2x

It appears that deleting optional tags from specific notes only works if you suggest a note change that also contains a different change other than deleting the optional tag. (Doesnā€™t seem to be true - I made a mistake while testing).

@jakub.f whatā€™s the intended behavior here? Shouldnā€™t the add-on allow suggesting optional tag deletion? (Not sure how thatā€™s handled in the frontend currently, though)

Unfortunately removing optional tags is not supported yet. We have this on our list of things to do.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.