Media not working

My media images are not showing up. I have V12 AnKing. I have downloaded and uploaded the media files. The media sync says idle. I also tried โ€œreset all changes to a local deck.โ€ Do I need additional add ons to view the media? I know certain cards should have Media because when I click on view in Ankihub on the card it shows the media that should be showing in the card.

1 Like

Hello,

Make sure to unprotect your text, extra, sketchy, and pixorize field, you protected them which means you wonโ€™t receive any images or new text in the those fields.

After you do that, click reset local changes again

Thanks for your response! I followed those instructions but it did not work. I donโ€™t have any fields protected and I still cannot see the media images.

You must go to the ankihub website โ†’ click on anking overhaul โ†’ top right click manage protected data โ†’ uncheck text and extra โ†’ go back to Anki โ†’ reset local changes

Go to browse in your Anki โ†’ at the top click on ankihub addon tab โ†’ press reset all local changes

This will restore everything to what AnkiHub has unless you have specifically protected those fields

Ok so now I can see the images in the browse feature but I donโ€™t see them on the actual card

Try downloading the anking note types addon if you havenโ€™t already: https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/952691989

I just did, still not able to see images on actual cards :frowning:

Can you disable all addons except ankihub to see if that could potentially fix this?

Also, I will get @abdo.nh our developer to look at this for you. Before that, can you go to the AnkiHub addon > Help > Upload logs and data and let us know the filename shown.

Thank you for your help!

1 Like

I created a new profile and now some of the images are showing- see attached. Do you know why some are coming up as like the thumbnail/general image? My media sync is idle/finished downloading

The collection.media folder did not have the FA images. Now they are visible.

The logs show the add-on is not detecting any missing media.