My cards are empty when viewed on Anki

I have just subscribed Ankihub for Anking overhaul step 1 & 2 deck. However all my cards are showing error. Cloze deletion cards are viewed as empty and image occlusion cards are having exclamation marks. I know this as I also view the same cards on Ankihub on my browser.
OK so while writing this support I went on to Anki and found out that all the text, extra, lecture notes, missed questions are empty when viewed in Anki. Kindly help me out ill be grateful

Error message (don't change this)
Anki 24.04 (429bc9e1)  (ao)
Python 3.9.18 Qt 6.6.2 PyQt 6.6.1
Platform: Windows-10-10.0.19045

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1322529746\ankihub_client\ankihub_client.py", line 247, in _send_request_with_retry
    response = self._send_request_with_retry_inner(

File "C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1322529746\lib\tenacity\__init__.py", line 289, in wrapped_f
    return self(f, *args, **kw)

File "C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1322529746\lib\tenacity\__init__.py", line 379, in __call__
    do = self.iter(retry_state=retry_state)

File "C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1322529746\lib\tenacity\__init__.py", line 326, in iter
    raise retry_exc from fut.exception()

tenacity.RetryError: RetryError[<Future at 0x20a279e3b80 state=finished raised ConnectionError>]

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1322529746\ankihub_client\ankihub_client.py", line 255, in _send_request_with_retry
    response = last_attempt.result()

File "concurrent.futures._base", line 439, in result

File "concurrent.futures._base", line 391, in __get_result

File "C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1322529746\lib\tenacity\__init__.py", line 382, in __call__
    result = fn(*args, **kwargs)

File "C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1322529746\ankihub_client\ankihub_client.py", line 270, in _send_request_with_retry_inner
    response = session.send(request, stream=stream, timeout=timeout)

File "requests.sessions", line 703, in send

File "requests.adapters", line 519, in send

requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='app.ankihub.net', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/decks/subscriptions/ (Caused by NameResolutionError("<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x0000020A27A27100>: Failed to resolve 'app.ankihub.net' ([Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed)"))

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "aqt.taskman", line 142, in _on_closures_pending

File "C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1322529746\gui\auto_sync.py", line 101, in sync_with_ankiweb
    future.result()

File "concurrent.futures._base", line 439, in result

File "concurrent.futures._base", line 391, in __get_result

File "C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1322529746\gui\operations\ankihub_sync.py", line 57, in sync_with_ankihub
    subscribed_decks = client.get_deck_subscriptions()

File "C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1322529746\ankihub_client\ankihub_client.py", line 589, in get_deck_subscriptions
    response = self._send_request("GET", API.ANKIHUB, "/decks/subscriptions/")

File "C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1322529746\ankihub_client\ankihub_client.py", line 229, in _send_request
    response = self._send_request_with_retry(

File "C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1322529746\ankihub_client\ankihub_client.py", line 257, in _send_request_with_retry
    raise AnkiHubRequestException(e) from e

1322529746.ankihub_client.ankihub_client.AnkiHubRequestException: AnkiHub request exception: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='app.ankihub.net', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/decks/subscriptions/ (Caused by NameResolutionError("<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x0000020A27A27100>: Failed to resolve 'app.ankihub.net' ([Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed)"))

Sentry link (for developers)

Hello,

If your cloze deletions are empty, do this: On Anki, go to the top left and find tools, then click on empty cards, then press delete

By image occlusion cards, do you mean 1by1 cards? We don’t have image occlusion cards in the AnKing Step Deck.

If you want to remove the 1by1 cards with crowns, then follow this post: I don’t understand the 👑 on my cards and/or I don’t like it

If all your fields are empty, see this: Why are my cards blank/empty when reviewing?

I finally got it. I unchecked all the box in MANAGE PROTECTED DATA (saw your blog on how to fix it). Now all my card are there thanks. However I am missing First aid and Additional resources media files, kindly help me out.

We do not sync the First Aid or Additional Resources fields, please see this post for more info: Why don't I have all the media in the AnKing Step Deck?

I looked into it but didn’t really find the solution. However the following point you wrote about why my media files could be missing was the closest I could relate .
You unprotected First Aid and/or Additional Resources fields, but did not have those images already from a previous deck
Can you elaborate what you mean here please?

If you unprotect those fields, you will get the HTML but we do not sync the images.

If you have a previous media package for that, you can import that, but we do not provide that

Any idea where I could get those media package from?

That info is found in the disclaimer section in the link above

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.