New and Entirely Lost

Short version:

I just downloaded Anking Overhaul Deck for Step 1 and Step 2. I just updated to the newest version of Anki. I have seen the instructions card that first shows up when first opening the deck. I can see no other cards. I don’t understand how any of this works and would really appreciate it if someone could give me some instruction on how to

1. unlock all the cards
  2. view the tags
  3. select certain tags to be unsuspended

I don’t understand most of the anki jargon - I don’t know how to use add-ons, don’t understand how to change the timing (or even what it really does) or literally anything else. I know how to press spacebar to get to the next card on my old version and that’s about it. I’ve tried to make sense of the billion wiki forums linked on a thousand different ankihub pages, but none of those instructions have been simple enough for me to follow. I’m in completely over my head but I’m desperate to learn. Any help on getting me started and out of the onboarding weeds is much appreciated.

From Support to AnkiHub Decks

From AnkiHub Decks to Support

Added anki-tags, support-request

You will have to suspend all the cards first. To do this → go to browse in Anki → on the left handside find “decks” → click on “AnKing Overhaul for Step 1 and 2” → click on a card → Ctrl or Cmd+A → right click → suspend

To see all the cards, go to browse → on the left hand-side find tags → find #AK_Step1_V12 → there you can start unlocking cards by suspending them

To see more cards you will have to play around with the settings. We recommend the AnKing’s settings: The BEST Anki Settings and Algorithm Explained (by an expert!) - YouTube

Anki is a marathon and you will need the proper tools and information to excel in using Anki. It is a lot of learning at the start but it will pay off in the long run. The AnKing youtube channel has all you need to get started. I highly recommend this playlist How to Download Anki and Begin Using It (we now recommend 2.1!) - YouTube

Please take your time to watch these videos and any other videos you might need.

We also provide One-on-One tutoring services if that is of interest to you.

There are also plenty of youtube channels that make how to get started with Anki videos + all the basics. These can all be of aid to you as well. However, we strongly recommend you start off with the AnKing youtube channel.