Optional tags not syncing in Anki browser

Hello,

Please provide as much information so we can assist you. Have your classmates tried unsubscribing from the optional tag then resubscribing?

They are all different situations. We have tried redownloading the whole deck, unsubscribing and resubscribing, downloading a bunch of different optional tags. The most current situation is someone starting from scratch and just not getting the optional tag, but they are able to add other optional tags.

Checking “Submit without review” then clicking on “Submit suggestions” should make the cards and tags appear on the website in your case.

Hello, I have been running into this same issue with my classmates who are subscribing to my optional tag “KYCOM” We have tried unsubscribing and resubscribing to no avail. Is there any solution found to this?

So, it seems that my classmate gets new updates added after I submit new optional tags. However, all of my previous tagged cards are not being updated with the sync.

For example: Block 7,8,9 are not being shown when my classmate syncs. When I add new cards to block 10, then only block 10 populates, not the other blocks.

UPDATE POSSIBLE SOLUTION

I had to delete the AnkiHub_Optional tag from the browser. Sync Anki+AnkiHub and close Anki. Then have the classmate open Anki and head to browser. Had them find “Reset an Optional Tag Group” and then it seemed to work.

1 Like

Do you still experience issues with syncing optional tags? We are working on some improvements for the feature. The current improvements are related to deleting optional tags and how suggestions for optional tags are displayed on the AnkiHub website.

I am having this same problem. I have followed the step by step videos from anking youtube video and synced from the home page. Someone told me it could take a while but I has been a few days. Is there a bug or step I am missing? I personally added the two cards shown in the second screenshot, but the other subscribers to the optional tag are saying its not showing up. I have also tried the reset optional tag button. The tag is under PulaskiTechCOM. Thanks

Screenshots:

It looks like the notes for which you want to add optional tags don’t have AnkiHub_Optional tags or the tags you have are not in the right format.

You need to add tags starting with AnkiHub_Optional::PulaskiTechCOM:: to the notes. Then you can suggest these tags using AnkiHub: Suggestion Optional Tags option in the browser context menu, as shown here in the video: https://youtu.be/8Nv454sfHd0?si=D5AvEWAwbJRJXU-3&t=258.

Thank you. It is fixed now. I had Anking cards tagged “Ankihub_Optional::PulaskiTechCOM” and it wasn’t syncing. But when I added another subtag to it, i.e “Ankihub_Optional::PulaskiTechCOM::M1::Lecture1” the tag then synced online and showed up for my classmates too. Thanks for the help again.

1 Like