Question About Updates Log

Thanks for the Updates log, I just have a question about 2 paragraphs in it:

" ★ As we plan for full image support on the web application, we have moved all copyrighted materials (FA and Sketchy) to their respective fields, as well as others (UWorld, OME, Emma Holiday, misc. B&B slides) to the additional resources field. We have plans for replacing the remainder of the images with copyright friendly material from the web to protect the deck for future learners.

★ Next steps will be replacing UWorld tables as editable tables within the deck to allow information to easily be updated to reflect the newest practice questions! This is a huge project that we are just beginning to undertake now, and will take quite a bit of time and support."

I just want to ask if these paragraphs mean that all the images that are moved to Additional Resources Field in addition to UWorld Tables will be removed.

I actually find the Additional Resources Field very useful. Many images have been moved there in the previous few months which I find a better organization. I suggest creating a new field where you put the Copyright material that couldn’t be uploaded to AnkiHub so that who has them can keep them.

I just want to ask if these paragraphs mean that all the images that are moved to Additional Resources Field in addition to UWorld Tables will be removed.

AnkiHub will soon have image support, meaning we will be allowed to submit new images as suggestions. For some resources like Sketchy, we have explicit permission to do so with. For others, like UWorld and First Aid, we do not. For all others (textbooks, OME, etc.) that we don’t have any explicit permission to share, we will use the Additional Resources field as we have.

I’m not entirely sure what we will end up doing with those fields, but we will not formally provide any image support on AnkiHub for those unless we get explicit permissions from those respective companies.

I suggest creating a new field where you put the Copyright material that couldn’t be uploaded to AnkiHub so that who has them can keep them.

I’m not sure if the above answers your question. There’s nothing technically stopping anyone from keeping the Additional Resources field as long as they protect it. As far as copyright materials go, pretty much all of it is going there, and plans for the future as above.

1 Like