Saving Subdecks, BNB

Thanks so much for creating ankihub! Have a few questions about it…

1. I like to create subdecks for each of my decks and it seems that those get wiped now that my decks sync with AnkiHub. Wondering how I can best get around that? Have been using special fields to save: lecture notes, missed questions, pathoma, boards and beyond, extra… Occasionally I’ll get a message to download cards from the web or upload to the web. Is the issue from that or from syncing with Ankihub?

2. When I sync with AnkiHub, there’s a sizeable amount of cards that are within the deck “Anking Overhaul for Step 1 and 2” that are blank. They have tags but their text, extra, etc are blank. What’s the cause for that?

3. I’m currently studying for Step 2, and per my previous message have been using subdecks to organize my materials. Previously, for Step 1, I organized my materials according to B&B tags. Have been going through current tags for Step2/3 B&B and they seem incomplete. Downloaded Lightyear’s deck and it also seems incomplete due to the fact that new videos have been released.

4. Wondering how long it will take to get those B&B tags uploaded?

5. Is there a different resource you’d recommend for me to organize my subdecks by?

Apologies if these questions have been asked already. Thanks in advance!

I can answer some of your questions:

Have been using special fields to save: lecture notes, missed questions, pathoma, boards and beyond, extra…

You will need to protect all of those fields within AnkiHub protected data under each deck.

Occasionally I’ll get a message to download cards from the web or upload to the web. Is the issue from that or from syncing with Ankihub?

You need to upload from one device and download from all your other devices. This has nothing to do with AnkiHub, just AnkiWeb prompting you to decide which collection is “correct”

When I sync with AnkiHub, there’s a sizeable amount of cards that are within the deck “Anking Overhaul for Step 1 and 2” that are blank. They have tags but their text, extra, etc are blank. What’s the cause for that?

You can run tools > empty cards > delete to resolve this

Wondering how long it will take to get those B&B tags uploaded?

We have no date in mind for this as there is no one actively volunteering for this project. We will need more help before we can give an estimate.

Is there a different resource you’d recommend for me to organize my subdecks by?

Subdecks have very little utility aside from having custom settings for each subdeck (which is also not really very useful). You can use the intrinsic tagging structure of the AnKing deck to accomplish your needs.

Thank you!