Why are notes skipped after subscribing to a deck?

Short explanation
When notes are skipped when subscribing to a deck, this means that there was an overlap between the notes in the deck you subscribed to and the notes in other AnkiHub decks you have installed. To prevent duplicate notes, the overlapping notes from the new deck are skipped. In general this is what you want, as you don’t want to have duplicate notes in your Anki collection.

Details
Note are identified by their Anki note id. If two notes from two different decks have the same Anki note id, they (probably) stem from the same source - this means that the note was created by one person and then shared using Anki’s import and export feature. In general you don’t want to have duplicate notes, so the note that is installed second is skipped.

How to not have notes skipped
If you want to have all notes from the newly installed deck in your Anki collection, without skipping any notes, there is a way to achieve that too.
Here are the steps:

• Unsubscribe from the deck that has overlapping notes with the newly installed deck (let’s call this deck A)
  • Unsubscribe from the newly subscribed deck (let’s call this deck B)
  • Subscribe to deck B
  • Subscribe to deck A
    This way you will have all notes from deck B in your Anki collection and the notes that overlap between deck A and B will be skipped from deck A instead.
1 Like

That’s helpful. I have a related question @andrew

I do not have AnkiHub yet because I have the bad habit of slightly modifying Anking cards to help me remember a certain topic etc. If I was to do Anki hub it would overwrite any Anking cards with modified Text fields, is that correct? Is there a way to find those cards and tag them to avoid this? Hopefully that makes sense.

Unless you have already been keeping track of which cards you modified, then no. There’s no easy way. But there is the ankihub protect feature that allows you to protect those if you can identify them

1 Like

i tried this and its still not working. i still cant see the majority of cards in the pixorize tag

Can you take a picture of what you mean? Have you tried resetting local changes?

To do this:

Go to browse in your Anki → at the top click on ankihub addon tab → press reset all local changes

This will restore everything to what AnkiHub has unless you have specifically protected those fields