Why does my missed questions field disappear every time Ankihub updates?

How exactly am I supposed to protect the field? I used to use the protect field add on but for some reason it is not protecting anything besides ‘lecture notes’. I spent a lot of time on those fields and am really not sure about how to protect any other fields going forward.

1 Like

Looks like the ‘text’ field on cards also was not protected? Please let me know what I have to do. I assume I cannot go back and retrieve those changes, but going forward what can I do to make sure edits I make will not be wiped away.

1 Like

Special Field settings are as follows:

I have the same issue, recent update destroyed my missedqs tags, some remain but the others are gone, how can I protect this tag?

Can anyone help us?

Thanks

Hey, I found this: Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.

We have to protect fields and tags directly from the website where one subscribes to the deck.

4 Likes

Looks like you are right, I guess special fields add-on doesn’t do anything anymore.

All protected fields and tags need to be added to the “AnkiHub Protected Data” section as you mentioned. You can revert to backup to retrieve your missed q tags if necessary, export them with the export single tag for sharing add-on, and revert to your current version and import them with merge tags settings on your special fields.

Special fields is not entirely useless, it has functionality when dealing with non-AnkiHub imports, updates, and tag sharing. However, it will not adequately protect you from this situation unless you follow the advice above. Thanks!

2 Likes