A lot of media not showing after downloading google drive file

I downloaded v12 AnKing Overhaul for Step 1 & 2 in ankihub and am a new user. I also downloaded the media files on google drive. Everything worked fine, and I didn’t get any message about missing files. However, a lot of images are not showing correctly (see below:

I know I need to subscribe to Pixorize and Physeo to see their media. But I am not seeing a lot of images, including the ones in the questions, First-aid images, etc. I am only seeing the Sketchy ones.

This is likely missing as it utilized a source that may not have been shareable in the AnKing deck for licensing reasons. This is the focus of our image replacement team, and this image falls under the purview of a team member who has signed up to replace it. We hope to have this card fixed soon after image support comes online for AnkiHub.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. I started with all files being present with V11. Then imported V12 while keeping the old media.

Per Anking deck policy, there should be no new images added in V12:

Yet, there still are a lot of images that are not found in google drive.

Should we stick with V11 for now?

Here is my previous thread on the same topic. I was told I was doing something wrong. Are we doing something wrong?

I see that happening to me for a lot images that are linked to Online MedEd. Is this normal as well?

Per @TheAnKing,

This "may be due to weird updates in the past.

I’d backup before trying this solution (Anki: How to Backup and Restore From Backup: Anki: How to Backup and Restore From Backup - YouTube)

1. use the batch edit add-on. Delete all contents in every field on V11
  2. Check media and delete all unused media (should be a ton)
  3. update to v12
  4. import media"

If this does not work for some reason, our team is also tackling the issue from another angle - replacing the image altogether.

1 Like

Sounds like this is not a problem with v11? I’ve never used v11 and wonder if I should use that instead…

Not having a lot of images show up on v12 makes some cards not useful at all. Some cards ask questions directly related to the images

How can I download v11 without messing up v12?

I’m having the same issue. The images that were there for v11 appear to be fine but the new images (not the ones that require additional subscription) are not showing despite the media download. Any new ideas on how this will be rectified? For instance I am unable to see the new First Aid images on some of the cards. Thank you in advance for your help.