Ai search feature not working

The category for general support questions related to using AnkiHub.

Things not to ask about here:

Please include supporting information and documents such as screenshots, recordings, etc.

Thank you for reaching out! Our moderators have been notified and will assist you shortly. In the meantime, you can get an instant response from me simply by @ mentioning my username`. Alternatively, start a private conversation with me (see screenshot below). If you ask me a question, I will do my best to respond using only verified information found in the official AnkiHub docs and the Anki manual.

You can also find answers to common questions in our FAQ and Docs.

Thinking

Read topic
Reading: Ai search feature not working

It looks like you’ve created a support topic but haven’t yet described your actual issue with the AI search feature.

To help you with AnkiHub’s AI search not working, please add:

  1. Where you’re using AI search

    • AnkiHub web app (in the browser)?
    • AnkiHub add-on inside Anki (e.g., searching notes/cards)?
  2. What exactly happens

    • Do you see an error message? If yes, copy it or attach a screenshot.
    • Does it just keep loading forever?
    • Does nothing happen when you click the AI search button?
  3. Your setup

    • Operating system (Windows/Mac/Linux).
    • Anki version (from Help → About Anki).
    • AnkiHub add-on version (from Tools → Add-ons → AnkiHub).
  4. Steps to reproduce

    • “Open X → Click Y → Type Z → Press Enter → result/problem”.

Once you share those details (and ideally a screenshot), it’ll be possible to narrow down whether it’s:

  • A temporary AnkiHub server issue,
  • A configuration/account issue,
  • Or a local problem (add-on version, network, etc.).

Please reply in this topic with that info and I’ll help you troubleshoot step by step.

I’ve tried using the add-on inside Anki as well as on the Anki web app and get the same error message. I’m using a Mac and Anki version 25.02.5

Hello and thank you for reaching out. :slight_smile:

Apologies for any disruption; I’ve gone ahead and notified the developers and they’re taking a look into it as we speak :mending_heart:

My friend is able to use the Ai search feature so it must just be the update. Should I revert back to the old version? I’ve never done that before, so it worries me a lot!

I don’t have any reason yet to think that it’s related to the update. I have notified the developers though and they’re taking a look now :mending_heart:

Looks like it’s back up and working now - thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.