Anki is unable to download decks

I keep getting this sign, but no decks
Uploading: IMG_8557.jpeg…
Uploading: IMG_8559.jpeg…
Uploading: IMG_8560.jpeg…

@abdo.nh

We tried troubleshooting for a while. After clicking install, nothing shows up. Clicking reset local changes says you have no decks configured. Not sure what’s going on

It’s a brand new anki account as well with just ankihub installed

Keep seeing this pop ups but no decks are able to download

Can you click AnkiHub > Help > Upload logs and post the filename shown?

1 Like

Its been uploading logs for 2 hours. is that normal?

please help me

No, this is not normal. You should at least get an error message in a few seconds. Can you follow the steps?

1. What’s your Anki version (Help > About)?
  2. Do you have any trouble syncing with AnkiWeb?
  3. Can you try syncing with a different network if available?

Version ⁨24.04.1 (ccd9ca1a)⁩
Yes, I do have trouble syncing into anki web account. Here is a little background, I use to use anki app on my old desktop, I bought a new desktop and downloaded anki, and signed in with my old ankihub and abkiweb until I realized i wanted a fresh start and did not want to sync both accounts everyday. So, I made a new ankihub and ankiweb account on my new desktop, signed into anki app with both new accounts, however when I sign in the new ankiweb account, I click upload to anki web (as instructed by ahmed), it’s still asking me to sync with my previous decks (as shown in the screen shot above).

I am curious that am I getting the sync with old accounts option on my new ankiweb account because I started using this anki app on my new desktop with old ankiweb log in?

Yes, I have tried it all. Even with a new network. It doesn’t work.

Here is the sign I keep getting even when I Log into a new anki web account in my app on the new desktop. I do click upload to anki web and it gives me this

Can you try with all other add-ons disabled (Tools > Add-ons)?

Unfortunetly, that did not work either. I am receiving an error notification when I attempt to sync with AnkiHub. The error message states, “Could not connect to AnkiHub (no internet or the site is down for maintenance)”; however, I am connected to the internet and the site does not seem to be down. Oddly, this error message still appears even if I receive a notification beforehand saying “AnkiHub: Synced # note(s)”.

I have tried restarting Anki, connecting to a different network, disconnecting from my VPN, logging out of AnkiHub and then logging back in, and deleting the AnkiHub add-on and reinstalling it and resubscribing to my AnkiHub decks.

And when I try to download logs from ankihub, it takes hours (6+) and no response.

Downgrading to Anki 23.12.1 should fix your issue for now. Please let us know.

problem has been solved. thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.