Anki version to use with ankihub

What version of anki do I use that will work best with ankihub? I keep getting a pop-up of a new available version of anki and I am afraid if I update to it, ankihub will start having problems.

Thinking

Search
Found 2 results for ‘tags:official Anki version to use with AnkiHub compatible versions order:latest max_posts:10 status:open’

You’re safe to update Anki in most cases, but it depends on whether the AnkiHub team has marked the newest Anki as supported.

Here’s what I recommend:

  1. Check the official “Getting Started” / compatibility info

    • Go to: :star: Getting Started
    • Scroll to the section about installing the AnkiHub add-on / supported Anki versions.
    • That page is kept up to date with which desktop Anki versions are recommended.
  2. General rule of thumb

    • AnkiHub usually supports current stable Anki versions fairly quickly.
    • Very new major Anki releases can briefly cause issues with some add‑ons, so if your current setup is working and you’re in a high‑stakes period (exams, etc.), you can:
      • Click “Ignore this update” for now, and
      • Wait until the Getting Started / docs or a banner on the forum confirms full compatibility.
  3. If you want a specific yes/no about 25.09.4

    • Post your current Anki version (from Help → About Anki) and your OS (Windows/Mac/Linux + version) in this topic.
    • A staff member or power user can confirm whether 25.09.4 is actively being used with AnkiHub without issues, or if we recommend waiting.

If anything in the docs is unclear or doesn’t mention 25.09.4 yet, reply here and I’ll help you interpret it and suggest what to do.

Hello,

You can update without any issues!

Let us know if you need help with anything else! :blush:

Will do. I was just making sure. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.