How do I import media for a deck?

I downloaded the Ankisthesia deck from the reddit link, because I couldn’t figure out how to download it from the ankihub add-on. Now I’m trying to import the media from the google drive link on the ankihub Ankisthesia page. I copy and pasted the drive link into the import media function in the ankihub add-on and it just keeps crashing my anki. When I click the youtube link for the instructions for how to do it, it says the video is private even though I’m using the same gmail account to log into youtube. How do I access the video? And how do I import the media without crashing my anki?

You need to install the ankihub version of ankithesia to import media via the ankihub addon

Gotcha, any guidance on how to do that? I don’t really see a download option and the sync option on the add-on doesn’t seem to do anything

On AnkiHub, find ankithesia and click subscribe

Then go to Anki and press sync

1 Like

It doesn’t seem to be working. I’m logged into ankihub, have the add-on, subscribed to Ankisthesia, and logged into ankiweb. When I press Sync it says zero cards added and nothing happens.

Can you take a picture of your subscribed decks on ankihub and on anki

Thanks for your help on this!

Can you try this:

Unsubscribe to the deck on the ankihub addon → Unsubscribe to the deck on the AnkiHub website → Resubscribe again on the website → Press sync in Anki

Then when prompted, make sure you click upload to ankiweb, not download to ankiweb and report back. You should see it after that

Ok progress, the deck is downloaded from ankihub directly. But still when I enter the google drive URL, then press check URL, and then Import, it just crashes my anki. I saved the error log if that’s helpful. Thanks again.

Try importing the media using the local file option

Nice, that did the trick! Thanks so much for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.