I keep getting this error message. I’m following the instructions but nothing seems to work. What should I do?
Thank you for reaching out! Our moderators have been notified and will assist you shortly. In the meantime, you can get an instant response from me simply by @ mentioning my username`. Alternatively, start a private conversation with me (see screenshot below). If you ask me a question, I will do my best to respond using only verified information found in the official AnkiHub docs and the Anki manual.
You can also find answers to common questions in our FAQ and Docs.
I’ll help you with this syncing error message. Let me search for some relevant information about syncing issues in AnkiHub.
Search
Found 2 results for 'tags:official syncing error message status:public'
Read topic
Search
Found 4 results for 'tags:official sync error status:public'
Read topic
Reading: 🙋 Getting Help
Search
Found 0 results for 'tags:official connection timeout sync status:public'
Search
Found 4 results for 'tags:official ankiweb sync error status:public'
Based on the error message in your screenshot, I can see you’re experiencing a syncing issue with AnkiWeb. The error reads “Connection timed out” when attempting to sync.
Troubleshooting Steps
This appears to be an issue with connecting to AnkiWeb rather than an AnkiHub-specific problem. Here’s what you can try:
-
Check your internet connection - Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
-
Disable antivirus/firewall temporarily - As mentioned in our Getting Help topic, this error is often caused by antivirus or firewall software blocking Anki’s connection.
-
Try these solutions from AnkiWeb FAQs:
-
Restart Anki - Close and reopen the application.
-
Check if Anki is up to date - Make sure you’re using the latest version.
-
Try syncing at a different time - Sometimes server load can cause timeout issues.
-
Restart your computer - This can resolve temporary network configuration issues.
If you’re still experiencing problems after trying these steps, please provide more details about:
- Which version of Anki you’re using
- Your operating system
- Any other error messages you’ve encountered
Remember that AnkiWeb (for syncing your cards between devices) and AnkiHub (for sharing and collaborating on decks) are different services, so make sure you’re following the appropriate instructions for the service you’re trying to use.
Hello,
The message is from AnkiWeb, rather than AnkiHub. ![]()
You can follow the instructions provided and reconfirm your email at the address provided in the on-screen message, ankiweb.net
Please let me know if that answers your question, and if there’s anything else I can help with. ![]()
Yes that worked. Thank you so much!
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

