@TheAnKing Missing Media reddit user fcbramis_k

@TheAnKing told me to post this on here via reddit but basically I have been issues with my media for months now and have had no fix. Media is missing for a lot of the cards in the extra section, FA, pixorize, and sketchy fields. Sometimes only half of the media will appear. I posted it on the community and was told to reset local changes or resubscribe to the deck. I have tried all this and nothing seemed to work. Also ever since updating from V11 a lot of my FA pages do not display anymore. If someone could please help me figure this out as it really effects my studying. I’ve had to start viewing every card i study on ankihub in order to make sure nothing is missing from the fields. It really does waste my time and is something I do not want to worry about. So please if you guys could help me fix this bug I would really appreciate it.

We’re not doing anything with the first aid images so we can’t fix that (those would just be files you previously had)

But can you post the previous community thread you had made so I can read through that?

@Ahmed7 @abdo.nh can you help troubleshoot this? I don’t understand what’s going on. Some media syncing, says media syncing is idle, still some images not showing up but they show up for me. Is there a reason it’s not syncing some of the media?

@fcbramis_k can you share the fields you’re protecting? A screenshot will work

Hello,

1. How much storage do you have on your device?

2. I know you’ve tried this as well, but try this and make sure to click upload to ankiweb if you are ever asked:

Please try resetting your local changes. To do this:

Go to browse in your Anki → at the top click on ankihub addon tab → press reset all local changes

This will restore everything to what AnkiHub has unless you have specifically protected those fields

1. What anki version are you running?

2. For First Aid media, you have to import the media again and that will fix your First Aid issue

3. What is your laptop/computer that you are using this on?

And yes I’ve tried resetting local changes multiple times it does not seem to work.

Can you please let me know the steps I should take to import the media for FA as I do not know how to do that.

I am running Version ⁨2.1.66 (70506aeb)⁩ Python 3.9.15 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.1

Try using 2.1.64 or 23.10. 2.1.66 has caused some weird issues.

Storage might be an issue. The deck is about 3-4gb if I remember correctly and you don’t have much storage

Please update to Anki version 23.10 here: https://apps.ankiweb.net/

As @TheAnKing said, try freeing up as much storage as possible. This might be a storage issue (if you can free up another 5 gb so we can rule storage out as an issue)

To import FA media, click import media

CleanShot 2024-01-08 at 15.05.51

Import the media package

CleanShot 2024-01-08 at 15.05.54

ok i will try doing that and let you know how it goes thank you guys for the support

where do i find the media so that i can upload it? is it from the reddit post/drive? previously i was using V11 so i just updated to V12

Please see the wiki for the answer [Wiki] AnKing Overhaul for Step 1 & 2 by AnKingMed

we do not sync the FA media, if you have the media package you can import it. Otherwise, we cannot assist you in getting the folder

okay thank you

ok so I did as @Ahmed7 has said and removed 5gb of space and then reset local changes to the deck. Unfortunately this did not fix the issue. I will now trying downloading another version of anki.

1 Like

I have also tried downgrading to 2.1.64 and it nothing has changed after resetting local changes

I tried updating to 23.10 but anki was not opening (kept crashing) so i used the latest version (23.12.1) and still no change with the media.

What steps should i take now to fix this issue?

Can you take a video of what happens when you reset local changes?

Not sure why this is occurring

ok i have done so. i posted the video on google drive as I was not able to upload it directly. here is the link.

1 Like

We will try our best to get to the bottom of this, thank you for being so patient

@abdo.nh

i appreciate it please keep me in the loop