How to get FA Media given V11 removed

Dear Team,

I am using V12 anking. But with the v11 now removed, how can I find and import the FA media files?

Thank yiu

Thank you for reaching out! Our moderators have been notified and will assist you shortly. In the meantime, you can get an instant response from me simply by @ mentioning my username`. Alternatively, start a private conversation with me (see screenshot below). If you ask me a question, I will do my best to respond using only verified information found in the official AnkiHub docs and the Anki manual.

You can also find answers to common questions in our FAQ and Docs.

I’ll help you with finding First Aid (FA) media files for your AnKing V12 deck. Let me search for relevant information on this topic in the community forum.

Search

Found 4 results for 'tags:official FA media files AnKing First Aid status:public'

Read topic

Reading: Why don't I have all the media in the AnKing Step Deck?

Read topic

Reading: AnKing Step Deck Wiki

Search

Found 3 results for 'tags:official First Aid Media Files V11 status:public'

Read topic

Reading: đź‘‘ Downloading the AnKing Step Deck

Search

Found 5 results for 'tags:official how to download First Aid images status:public'

Read topic

Reading: How can I download AnKing images for my personal use?

Based on my research, I can provide you with information about getting First Aid (FA) media files for your AnKing V12 deck.

Getting First Aid Media Files for AnKing V12

Since V11 has been removed, there are a few ways to get First Aid media for your V12 deck:

Method 1: Allow AnkiHub to Download Media

If you’re newly subscribed to the AnKing Step Deck V12, the First Aid field is protected by default. To get FA media:

  1. Unprotect the First Aid field:

    • Go to the AnkiHub website
    • Find your deck subscription
    • Unprotect the “First Aid” field by unchecking it in protected fields
    • Sync your Anki
  2. Reset local changes:

    • In Anki, go to Browse
    • Click on the AnkiHub add-on tab
    • Select “Reset all local changes”
    • This will restore all field content including HTML references to images
  3. Allow media to sync:

    • Check your AnkiHub add-on menu to see if it says “downloading media” or “media download complete”
    • Media synchronization may take some time to complete

Method 2: Download Individual Images

If you need specific First Aid images:

  1. Find cards with FA images you want:

    • Browse to cards with FA tags
    • Right-click on any visible image
    • Click “Open” to view the full image
    • Save to your computer
  2. Using AnkiHub website:

    • Find the card with the image
    • Click “View on AnkiHub”
    • Right-click on the image
    • Select “Save image as”

Important Notes:

  • Copyright disclaimer: The AnKing team notes that “Images found in the First Aid and Additional Resources fields of past decks may or may not be covered by third-party copyrights. The deck may include HTML that references images found in earlier versions of the deck with undetermined rights to use.”

  • Use with purchased resources: The AnKing team recommends using these decks with your purchased copy of First Aid and other resources.

  • Media synchronization: If you’re having trouble seeing images, check if AnkiHub has completed downloading media by looking at the AnkiHub add-on status.

If you continue having issues with media files, I’d recommend checking the deck’s media status in the AnkiHub add-on menu or reaching out to the AnkiHub support team for further assistance.

Hello,

I would be happy to help. :slight_smile:

Because FirstAid media is proprietary, we are not able to directly help with that unfortunately.

The only FirstAid media with which we can help is via the FirstAidForward integration which requires a FirstAid account and is part of the Premium AnkiHub membership.

Please let me know if that answers your question, and if there’s anything else I can help with. :slight_smile:

I have the first aid checkbox unchecked in my protected fields, but I’m not sure if i’m understanding what the solution is or if this post was saying there really isn’t a solution. There are still many cards with multiple missing images and i’ve synced all media with ankihub.

There isn’t really much of a solution we’re able to offer, I’m sorry to say. Because the material is proprietary to FirstAid, we’re not able to provide any material directly

You can protect the field and that should resolve the broken image icons, though.

Ah, i see. Dang, that is unfortunate, i guess i’ll have the first aid pdf open in split screen to search anything. Thanks for the quick reply though!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.